swtor tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swtor tester

i just got a invite last night to test the new starwar's the old republic game....freakin awesome

Grrr. Been waiting for one forever sigh. Please keep me updated on what you think!

Comment

I got the invite too like a week ago, havent had much time to play but so far its great. If it has a clean launch (little glitches) this game will hit huge, takes the positives of most other mmos and makes them flow nicely making many different ways to go about gaming. Plus its freaken star wars mmo!

Comment

Star Wars in WoW I dunno, they lost me when I saw lightsabers bat at enemies like they were foam noodles. They SLICE things apart instantly!

I kinda wish MMO's were twitch based and had interaction between characters such as x hits y, y recoils or backs away... not x hits y, y stands exactly where it was and spins around like it is on ice. It sorta takes one out of the feel of it all.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I played the first Star Wars MMO
          I loved it .. had some glitches but the ingame economy was amazing to watch. Ran an armor making character and didn't end up killing or running any missions for a year of playing.

I don't have that much time to run this game anymore or want to sink as much time into it as needed.

I can't kill any CLR's either

Comment

I played it too, was going for Creature Handler, taming my dewbacks, and was a pilot on there, specializing my ships and taking out those rebel scum

At least... until they turned the game back asswards and ruined a good thing. You're right though, no CLR's to kill (unless ChrisWWII was flying an X-wing and I could take him out - lol!)

Was a good idea for a game though!
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Quamin View Post
              I played it too, was going for Creature Handler, taming my dewbacks, and was a pilot on there, specializing my ships and taking out those rebel scum

At least... until they turned the game back asswards and ruined a good thing. You're right though, no CLR's to kill (unless ChrisWWII was flying an X-wing and I could take him out - lol!)

Was a good idea for a game though!
              I started on the first day of that game and happened to take off the week. Who knows how many hours of running for mineral deposits I spent. We didn't have speeders in those days. I rented out plots for minerals and bought hides from people like you. Had a network of 100+ people killing things for me. They would deposit on my machine and I would pick it up and pay them.

I ended up mastering the all armor,basic building, rifle, 1 hd sword.. and something else

I did some piloting but actually it was a bummer for me. Just didn't have to wait for the stupid shuttle. I left soon after that came out.

When I left the game I gave away all my resources. I had some copper from the first week of the game that was consider the best stuff on my server.

Comment

Originally posted by FrOgM View Post
                i just got a invite last night to test the new starwar's the old republic game....freakin awesome
                I've been waiting to try it out as well. But feel it might be WOW all over again with a Sci-Fi theme... :/

Originally posted by Quamin View Post
                I kinda wish MMO's were twitch based and had interaction between characters such as x hits y, y recoils or backs away... not x hits y, y stands exactly where it was and spins around like it is on ice. It sorta takes one out of the feel of it all.
                Guild Wars 2 will involve some twitch base combat. With aiming and dodging of attacks. If theres any MMO I'm really waiting on its GW2.

Comment

I also played the first Star Wars MMO. I actually played it for almost the entire life of the game (it's closing down in on Dec 15th). It had its' ups and downs.

I haven't gotten an email for a beta invite, which is frustrating. But now with BF3 almost out I'm at the point where I'd rather wait for SWTOR to launch and be surprised, instead of ruining it in beta.

Comment

Got my invite today. Nice.

Comment

I just can't bring myself to pay a monthly fee to play a game...
                      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I got to try the open beta this last weekend... Meh, aside from the well done companions and voice acting cut scenes for quests... It still seems to be much like WoW and/or any other current MMO out there.

I tried all Empire classes over the weekend, getting each one above lvl 10 with the Bounty Hunter at the highest of lvl 15.

Comment

I didn't get invited until late, so I'm not going to ruin the surprise. I'll just wait until retail launch.

I used to be a big MMO gamer, but I might be leaning away from that type of game now, so I'm just going into this as though it's a RPG. In other words, I'm just going to play through the quest content and then if I'm having fun I'll keep going. If not then I cancel and wait for the content from expansions.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X