Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition O.o {me want}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition O.o {me want}

The friendly competition between Activision's dual Call of Duty studios has led to something of an arms race. Infinity Ward makes a nuclear blast, so Treyarch makes horrific flamethrower deaths. Infinity Ward makes a hit multiplayer perks system, so Treyarch makes Nazi Zombies. So when the Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition included night-vision goggles, perfect for keeping track of that girl who just doesn't understand she's supposed to be with you, Treyarch must have known they had to outdo it somehow. And boy did they.
    Activision announced the Hardened and Prestige editions for Call of Duty: Black Ops today, which include most of the usual bonus goodies you'll find in collector's editions -- along with an RC surveillance car for Prestige buyers. The vehicle is based on a bonus perk from the game's multiplayer, and can transmit color video and audio from up to 200 feet away. No price was mentioned for the limited edition package, but it will include all of the goodies from the Hardened Edition as well: a custom Black Ops medal, Avatar outfit, and four cooperative maps.

At this rate, we fully expect Modern Warfare 3 to come packaged with a fiber optic camera hidden in a teddy bear. You know, for that special someone.
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition Makes Stalking Easier than Ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjcEeTmEys&hd=1

Comment

wow an rc car thats definately different.

Comment

I think the PC users once again got the shaft like the MW2 Prestige and Harden edition

Due out this November, the special edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops will include a tiny remote control "video surveillance vehicle" inspired by the game's multiplayer.

The remote control vehicle, inspired by the RC-XD found in the game's multiplayer, has a range of about 200 feet and a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both color video and audio. The car will only come with the yet-to-be-officially-priced Prestige Edition of the game, which also comes with all of the extras included with the Hardened Edition.

The Hardened Edition includes a custom Black Ops limited edition medal, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit (for either Live or Home), as well as four playable cooperative maps.

Both editions will be coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 when the game ships on Nov. 9. No official price has been announced for either edition, but GameStop lists the Prestige Edition for $150 and the Hardened Edition for $80.

No word on who is manufacturing the vehicle, but since the night vision rig looked an awful lot like it was made by toy maker EyeClops, and toy maker Spy Gear also makes a video camera-sporting truck, I suspect it could be a toy company.
        Call of Duty: Black Ops Special Edition Includes Video Surveillance Vehicle

Comment

Don't need it on the PC. If I want an RC car I'll just go spend the $150 on that and then I won't be stuck with what is sure to be an over-rated piece of junk game.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

It's the least you can do since they gave you a snowmobile

Caddys, PC gamers don't go for collector's edition. We're just too into games for a few shiny goodies to stop us. Please don't say you're a PC gamer. You are not.

Comment

Anyone took notice the sniper zoom in his scope

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X