Game size vs. quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game size vs. quality

I am down to only about 20 free gb on my 283 gb hard drive and I have to start making room. I was looking for some stuff to delete and realized that the games that take up the most space either mostly stink (Alien vs. Predator - 15.0 gb) or are games that I have never even booted up (Half Life 2: Epsiodes 1 and 2 - 15.8 gb each).

Meanwhile, the games I have most enjoyed in the past year or 2 are relatively small compared.
    Mass Effect - 9.88 gb
    Neverwinter NIghts 2 - 6.37
    COD4 - 6.25 gb
    Fallout 3 - 5.64 gb
    Borderlands - 2.88 gb
    BF2142 - 2.12 gb
    BFBC2 - 1.73 gb

So if I only had 15 gb to spend on games I could have bfbc2, bf2142, borderlands and fallout 3 -or- avp. Funny how things go.

Dude, Half Life 2... you must play it.
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

I did. These are the expansions.

Comment

How is BC2 only 2Gigs? Mine is 6Gigs.

Also, L2Add/remove

Comment

Play the HL2 episodes. Just as awesome as the full game. And they're short, so you can play them and remove them soon after.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I bought a Western Digital terrabyte hard drive for around a $100 when I reformatted a few months back. Buy one, slap it in. Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              I bought a Western Digital terrabyte hard drive for around a $100 when I reformatted a few months back. Buy one, slap it in. Case closed!
              this ^

and my borderland is like 6gb, how is your 2.88?
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

All the program sizes I have listed are as listed in the add/remove program section of the control panel. I notice that all the games I have that are launched via steam are exceptionally large.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X