Alien Vs Predtor Pc Screen Shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Vs Predtor Pc Screen Shoots

All I can say the game is not as good as the hype it was built up to be the controls are a bit of a pain any way this is just mu opinion of the game.

As I was buying AVP on the day it came out I thought to myself "JohnyRico, every time you buy a game on launch day it ends up being a disappointment." AVP is no different. So far my biggest gripes are:

1. Due to some glitch I have to launch it from steam or else I just get a black screen.
    2. Controls as "Alien" are whacked. Add that to the dark and dreary environment and you don't even know if you are on the floor, wall or ceiling unless there is a marine in the room to look at.
    3. When I am the alien the marines call me "MF". That part's actually kinda funny.
    4. When I am the alien the marines pulse rifle is instant death. When I am the marine the pulse rifle is so wimpy I might as well be using harsh language. (That last bit is funnier if you see "Aliens")
    5. Voice acting = FAIL.
    6. You have to manually save your game at checkpoints.
    7. You can't reload your saved games!!!! WTF?!
    8. Multiplayer - Good luck getting in a game. The same couple of guys are all in the top 5 on every game scenario because they are the only ones who can get on!!
    9. Waypoints are vague as all get out. No map.
    10. When you are the alien and you are getting ready to slap a face hugger on a human the little scene that you watch (exactly the same every time except for swapping out the skin on the victim) seems a little too "intimate" maybe?

So far I am not pleased.

Comment

What an utter disappointment. I was hoping that I could talk Cain into adding this as a game, but I haven't seen the first thing that suggests that such an effort is worth the time or the promise of money.

Oh well; looks like I'm sticking with TF2.

Comment

OK, I spent a little more time with it and I did figure some stuff out. You CAN load games but you have to do it from the very main screen. I was looking for it in the individual campaigns.

I was also able to get into some multi-player when I just set it to select any game type available and any player count available. It put me into a pretty vanilla TDM game with the minimum number of players (. My team of marines was getting whacked pretty good until the 3 of us figured out sticking together and triple teaming loan aliens and predators was probably a good plan. Teamwork. Go figure.

The multiplayer was on a small map of a ruined temple in the jungle at night. Maybe the size of the "Killhouse" map on COD4. There is the option to host and invite friends but I dunno much more than that.

Unless you are all about MP then I would say you are better off playing Borderlands.

Comment

Looks like an Unreal Engine 3 game...

Sure its not one?

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X