Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake - dead for the PC ... SURPRISE !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Wake - dead for the PC ... SURPRISE !!!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62356

Wow, didn't see that coming *sarcasm*

What ticks me off most:

Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive
    What a load of horsesh*# @!!! He sounds like a used car salesman with that spouted garbage. And I sorta hoped this game would be coo!.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

I'm wondering how much money MS pays for getting Xbox exclusive titles.
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Isn't this supposed to be something of a noir-inspired mystery story? That's perfect for the PC. That kind of game doesn't scream 60" tv and 7.1 surround sound at 11 to me.

It's sort of like saying the most compelling way to watch The Maltese Falcon is at the local dance club on the video wall to take fullest advantage of the multimedia experience.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        Isn't this supposed to be something of a noir-inspired mystery story? That's perfect for the PC. That kind of game doesn't scream 60" tv and 7.1 surround sound at 11 to me.

It's sort of like saying the most compelling way to watch The Maltese Falcon is at the local dance club on the video wall to take fullest advantage of the multimedia experience.

-Rand
        If you count watching movies this way, I've seen Barbarella over 100 times.
        [hlx]

Comment

We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive
          I'm sure it's all about the "compelling experience" and has nothing to do with profit margin.

Comment

Hey like it or not. More copies get pirated than sold on the PC. We can expect a lot more of these situation. Business is business.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              Hey like it or not. More copies get pirated than sold on the PC. We can expect a lot more of these situation. Business is business.
              No they don't lol. What i can say though is that the Xbox360 version will be pirated more than the PC version would have been.

Comment

Rethink that statement Juneau, it's much easier to pirate on PC than it is to mod, burn, and play on xbox which will get you banned eventually. No risk on PC whatsoever.

Comment

For once i agree w/ phan. Juneau it is much easier to pirate on PC than on any console.

Comment

I don't think Juneau was talking about ease of copy, but rather responding to the statement about "More copies get pirated than sold on the PC. " I also disagree with this statement. I do not believe more copies are pirated than sold on the PC platform.
                    [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                    Like the community? Donate here:
                    [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                      I don't think Juneau was talking about ease of copy, but rather responding to the statement about "More copies get pirated than sold on the PC. " I also disagree with this statement. I do not believe more copies are pirated than sold on the PC platform.
                      There's no way to get an accurate figure, but I think pirate copies of certain games definitely outnumber the sales.
                      [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                        Maybe (A very weak maybe) if we're talking about the U.S. but when you get to Europe (Russia, England, and Germany)- they sell 1 copy, which will get pirated... lol

(And as IW said, 60% of all dedis were cracked on COD4)

Comment

Dougbob is following me well. I wasn't talking about the ease of said copy. Just the numbers. The console market is huge, and so is the piracy market. Imagine how many illegal xbox, ps3 and wii games are sold in China alone. Probably more than the total worldwide download numbers of a top PC title.

Comment

OK then you bring up a huge point here. What's the point of porting the game to sell a few thousand copies? It will sell millions on consoles. I guess it will become clearer if someone counted the cost of porting the game, or better yet, recoding for the PC.

*starts thinking about getting a console*

Comment

No way console pirates outnumber PC pirates in any way.

Any game, movie, album, TV show, etc. I can pirate it w/o any problem right now. That goes for the rest of the world.
                              [hlx]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X