Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonFire
    [
    COD4 will win all the awards though....it pleases the knuckle-dragging masses too much (not saying it isn't a good game though )
    That's Brigadier General Knuckle Dragger to you, you insolent pup!

That's actually not a bad name for an ingame character...I might have to put that to use when creating an Ork in Warhammer Online.
    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
      Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar
      TF2 is an extremely good game. I am not a UT person so for me TF2 is currently game of the year. ET:QWs sucked hard and was disappointment.
      COD4 will win all the awards though....it pleases the knuckle-dragging masses too much (not saying it isn't a good game though )

Remember, this community is bigger than any one game. The UT folks love UT, and many will only come here for that game. Others, like the CS crowd, may move on to games like COD4 (which may or may not be a good fit for Cain's). And of course, most of the rest of us have enjoyed TF2 immensely, and there is a new, budding community growing out of that. To each his own, but we will always have something in common regardless of what we play......we can all call Cain's Lair home
      Actually, the knuckle-dragging party will take Halo 3. The illiterati will take Bioshock. So it's going to be an interesting award season.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Todd: You feel somewhat like me.

I have to be "In the Mood" to play UT3 as is, which in the demo is more of
        a PVP kind of game with some occassioal teamwork. Too fast paced for
        me to have the kind of play I usually enjoy.

UT3 Warfare is supposed to be a completely different experience.
        Warfare is touted as being very team oriented, and FUN.
        I'm looking forward to playing with all the heavy armor.
        If it plays like a 2142 kind of game, I.E. Squads, orders, squad targets,
        VOIP, etc, then it will win my heart.

So if you are a 2142 kind of guy, then it looks like UT3's Warfare
        variety is the ticket for your happiness. Buy it from a store shelf near you.

I still play some TF2, but it doesn't really ring my bell,
        although I have had some fun at times there.
        The Novelty for me wore off quickly though.
        It is Fun to play with or kill other CLR's. But it doesn't
        excite me for some reason. Maybe if it was actually more playable
        (I.E. Active with players) in my morning play times, I'd get more enthused and play it more.

I still play 2142 nearly every day, or did. Still plan on getting Brig Gen.

Look me up on Xfire, Comrade, Steam, or EA. I'm logged in ALOT.
        Usually on 09:00-13:00 CST +- Then late afternoon 5pm ish,
        evenings around 22:00 to 23:15.

Dead_and_Gone2, deadandgone2, Dead_and_Gone, SOCREF0.
        Every system wants something different.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

You know whats sad Dead I uninstalled my Pirates and the Star Wars games as I would drop in from time to time too see if anyone was playing and did not find any CLR's playing which I could have been getting on at the wrong time when no one was playing but either way there seems too be a need for a game here at the Lair that is at a scale like BF2142 that all CLR's enjoy too play and can come together and have lots of fun like we all did with BF2142. Cain my have some ideas on games that he might would like too do that would attract the community and other folks too play here
          I sure hope it will be soon as I miss the fellowship we all shared when we played BF2142. Those were great times.

Comment

Hey... who here bought the retail version of Call of Duty 4?

When you play multiplayer, does it make you put the DVD in the computer?

Deciding whether I should buy retail or steam version of it

Thanks,
            thinktank

Comment

Originally posted by thinktank
              Hey... who here bought the retail version of the game?

When you play multiplayer, does it make you put the DVD in the computer?

Deciding whether I should buy retail or steam version of it

Thanks,
              thinktank
              If you are refering too QWET I bought the retail version and I like the game but have too be in the mood too play it at times. To me there is not much team work when playing MP that I found out but when I play SP and swap to MP my disk is still in. Never thought about removing the disk to see if you can still play MP without it.

Comment

UT3 retail is out. Jury is still pending on whether this is THE game for
                Cain, but it is what we are going with in the short term.

I'll get the game as soon as I can find it in the store.

Todd, you still have your CLR tags when you play 2142?
                I see CLR's playing occassionally on 2142, so I tend to wander to that
                server first.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                  UT3 retail is out. Jury is still pending on whether this is THE game for
                  Cain, but it is what we are going with in the short term.

I'll get the game as soon as I can find it in the store.

Todd, you still have your CLR tags when you play 2142?
                  I see CLR's playing occassionally on 2142, so I tend to wander to that
                  server first.
                  Oh yes I still have my CLR tag when I play 2142 so other CLR's know its me. I too like you will play 2142 where there are other CLR's playing. I know 2142 is dying and old for most CLR's here so there are not many of us playing it any more. I was trying to get in to play BF2 last night but it was hard to find a empty slot so I gave up.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X