Sad "news" for all of the PC community of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L4d2 boycotted
    Now Mw2 is being boycotted by the pc community theres a bunch about it on the iw forum

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      I'm tempted to preorder L4D2 now but isn't it like 4 players max servers? It's not like we could have a CL server. Urgh sounds so lame tbh.
      4 players per side, survivors and infected. There are some mods with l4d that let you do 8 or 9 per side now so more can play and it is actually pretty fun. I don't know how well it would do as a Cain's Lair game with all of the members but a 18 slot modded server could be good...kindamaybehopefully .

Im reaching, but unless something drastic happens with these IW guys, it looks to be the only mp game in the near future that we could all pick up.

Edit: @Pumpkin--> Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott Ended Don't know if it helps but eh...
      Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
        Edit: @Pumpkin--> Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott Ended Don't know if it helps but eh...
        That's just 2 people that happened to be the "leaders" of a Steam group that people joined to support the boycott. These 2 guys didn't by themselves represent everyone participating in the boycott. Valve flew them out to their HQ and ever since then they've acted as if they aren't interested in the boycott anymore. A lot of people are still boycotting l4d2. I know, because I'm one of them.
        Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
          Here ya go, should we go for it
          Dedicated Servers for CoD:MW2 - Signatures
          ...I signed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jed_Clampet View Post
            ...I signed it!
            Man this thing is growing fast. I was number 1016 and it's already up to 1845.
            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
            Like the community? Donate here:
            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

MY brother Called me from work this morning and all the MW2 pre-order's for the Pc there have been Canceled he say they over 12000 in the leeds area which people have canceled the game and rising fast

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                MY brother Called me from work this morning and all the MW2 pre-order's for the Pc there have been Canceled he say they over 12000 in the leeds area which people have canceled the game and rising fast

Good, thats the only thing they will listen too. And like I said earlier, if someone puts out a decent game in the near future, IW will be history. They left a void that needs to be filled. If Treyarch would learn a few lessons they could benefit from all this. But I dont think they are that smart. Not yet anyway.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                  Good, thats the only thing they will listen too. And like I said earlier, if someone puts out a decent game in the near future, IW will be history. They left a void that needs to be filled. If Treyarch would learn a few lessons they could benefit from all this. But I dont think they are that smart. Not yet anyway.
                  So true I just remembered to cancel my son copy as well from Amazon, What Make's me so mad they are favoring the console's over the Pc Don't they Rember there history Online Gaming was Born on the Pc not the Consoles.

Comment

And to think i wasted all that time looking at that game. What a waste indeed. I need a friggin camera.

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                      Man this thing is growing fast. I was number 1016 and it's already up to 1845.
                      I was number 7763. Really, really fast.

Sucks if there really are no Dedicated Servers.

I'd only buy the game at release if I know I can play here, so I guess I'll add it to the list of DRM infested games that I'll only buy once they're less than ?5, like RA3, Dead Space and Farcry 2...

Comment

The more I've thought about this the more angry I have become. I never even thought about pirating a copy of this game until now. I bought and paid for 2 copies each of Cod 4 and WaW. But there will be icicles in hell before I pay for this debacle of a game.

I'll wait and see what I can procure. I know they will be out there.

Caddy's you traitor, dont dare buy the PC version. Strength is in our unity on this deal. We have to fight them from a monetary standpoint. We need you buddy.

Oh, and I went back to the IW page and cant find the thread about the petition. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. But is wouldnt surprise me if they took it down.

What I dont understand is that did they really think the PC community would just roll over and give up on this deal.Surely they knew the outcry was coming. Maybe they thing they can wait us out and it will get the better of us and we'll cave. Maybe it was a calculated risk they were willing to take. But, I'll never play that crap, never I tell ya.

I hope that everyone in our community that pre-ordered has cancelled by now. Send them the message. We aint gonna take this lying down. And if you know of anyone not in our community that was thinking about getting it, encourage them not too.

Come on Treyarch, step up to the plate. It's bottom of the ninth and 2 outs. We got one man on first base and the game is tied. We need one out of the park.
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Why is L4D2 being boycotting? I never knew this.

The thread is still there Cobalt.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/vi...932&start=2570

When i wen to bed last night it was on page 110. Now it's on page 258.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post

Come on Treyarch, step up to the plate. It's bottom of the ninth and 2 outs. We got one man on first base and the game is tied. We need one out of the park.
                            Baseball analogies... you're THAT mad?

Oh I read a great quote from some PC gamer.

He said replying to someone saying that "PC gamers asked for equality, now you got it!"

"In a perfect world, you do not lower the top. You help the bottom up."

That is exactly what is happening here.

(Whatcho think of my sig? )

Comment

Crazy

Can you believe that IW DELETED the huge petition thread on its forums! When I went to bed last night the thread had well over 110 pages! This is unfreakin beleivable. Someone started another one and it's only around 7 pages. This is epic!

Dougbob, the online petition you posted a link to is now almost 12000!

Comment

Just come abck to say that the original thread was now gone. What i bunch of AHole mods.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X