Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    What a way to screw over communities

He keeps speaking of clans as if competitive gamers are the only ones affected by this. Communities, like Cain's, which are large and several, actually created a home for players who wanted to keep in touch with other like-minded players. Community servers are well moderated and maintain a family environment. With this new system, unless I specifically state that I want a private session, forces me to play with spammers, people who we know will violate the TOS just to piss you off, and abuse the system pushing people away until the system turns into X-Box Live.

Bring back user-run servers or you get no $$ from me!
    Private sessions my arse. If the host wants to go to bed, you're screwed. If the host doesn't invite every CLR: screwed. If the host works different hours: screwed. Etc.

Comment

Did you notice his tone on that blog? It's like a 10 year old kid trying to explain to his Dad how he broke the vase. I bet he's scared half to hell from all the death threats (I sure haven't said any hehehe).

Comment

Even a more insulting response.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...-response.aspx

Comment

Comment

NICE LOL

Nice one K :P

Comment

Yeah, nice, Phantom. Free cognac with Op Flashpoint purchase?

Comment

The PR backlash is going to cost them.

Their PR response basically slaps private servers (Clans) as
                money grubbing advertisers.

Whomever wrote their press conference release, needs to find another job selling kiddy cereal jingles.

They are Totally clueless. What do we offer on CLR servers?
                Clean play, acceptable language on chat, but still a light touch from admins.
                We want people to have fun, families to have fun.

Uber players? we gottem. Total walking targets? We have them too.
                And everything in between. I've been killed by all 3 types.. lol
                Cheaters need not visit. Asshats are not wanted.

Can you protect that kind of atmosphere in a free-for-all like they are presenting? It would be just like World of Warcraft trade/general spam, where every ethnic/vulgar/pathetically juvenile obscenity is regurgitated 24x7.

I was about to pre-order MW2, and now i'm glad i've waited. Can they change their minds and allow private servers? Who knows, but that would be admitting that they were all wrong. It would also be down the road, and almost impossible to get going at that point.

A game where everyone was excited to FINALLY have a new CLR game where everyone would flock to, has now lost a majority of the PC gamers interest. How many thousands of dollars of lost revenue and cancelled pre-orders?
                There will still be some interest, especially for someone like my 14 year old, who just thinks the game looks "Neat", and gets Mom/Dad to buy it for them.

After waiting so long, having the carrot dangled in front of my face, and then yanked out of reach, burns worse than if it was never glimpsed.

As a side note, I played some new MechWarrior game with my 14yr old last night.. I'm Sure you could buy a more ergonomic game pad to play with, if you had the spare $100, but the 2 different types i tried out both suck. I did manage to kill him a time or 2, more by him running into my PPC shots, than me being able to aim with that twitchy glitchy right button.

I'll stick to my PC, thank you very much.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

110730 Sigs!!!!! I signed

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                    Read the comments below IWs response. This is exactly what I was talking about. Absolutely Clueless

pc gamer has been spoiled. Console gamers has played cod 4 whit out dedicated servers and stuff and we are just fine.
                    Good for IW. Don't take the heat right. And with dedicated servers they are just one step closer to having PC vs. X-Box (for those who think they can handle mouse vs. sticks). I think this is a good move.
                    I look forward to this day, PC vs Console gamer in a match. Bring it on

Also, the large 4chan led assault on the IW forums regarding this only proves that the majority of PC players opposing this are nothing more than childish whiners that are scared that their precious "clans" are going to fold because they can't run a locked server or that they're going to lose money due to not being able to rent out servers.
                    [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                    Like the community? Donate here:
                    [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Very well said Dead_And_Gone
                      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                      Like the community? Donate here:
                      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

I hate the time difference between us, so I'm always early, or maye late on posting here. But, I read this tidbit along with the rest of you guys.

"We're just prioritizing the player experience above the modders and the tuners," says West. He points toward the mounting feedback IW has received from PC fans of Modern Warfare who couldn't find a decent server to play on between all of the cheaters, the insular communities, and huge skill level disparities that the original game's community fractured into. "We thought maybe it would be cool if the fans could play the game," he laughs.
                        Uh.. excuse me...... above the modders and tuners.... Prioritizing the player experience....mounting feedback.

So let me get this striaght.Little Johnnie goes to said server and gets his ass handed to him. He writes IW a letter whining about his ass handing and they say ok Johnnie, you dont have to play with all those bad people if you dont want to , we'll fix it for you, so you can play on the "Latest home office edition of your moms HP." and have a good experiece. After all you spend megabucks on stuff right. You're the reason we can continue tho be in business right.

Meanwhile, poor old Cobalt, who just dropped
                        3 G's on a gaming laptop will just have to suck it up and play without any input. Who gets his ass handed to him on a regular basis, but keeps coming back BECAUSE OF THE FREAKIN COMMUNITY OF WHICH LITTLE JOHNNIE KNOWS JACK **^(*&.

IW says that gameplay concerns for the majority of MW2 players are the overriding reasons for the decision. Zampella downplays the obvious piracy prevention angle
                        Where and who is this *&(**& majority this idiot is speaking of. Did this majority get a 100,000 sig petition up to change the game. Why havent we heard about this until now. No real gamer that I know would want this crap implemented. Does he thing these people that are able to program and mod the game are stupid.

I'll go on record as calling him a liar.

I've never had a reason to pirate a game before in my life. But I have one now.

Gaming just went the way of our govt. ladies and gentlemen. Everything is in your own best interest. IW is just trying to look out for you poor stupid PC gamers. They know whats best for you and how you should play.

The more I read in response from these people the more enraged I become. It gets worse every day. The way they have done this is criminal. And I hope they have to pay for this a long time in the future.
                        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                          The more I read in response from these people the more enraged I become. It gets worse every day. The way they have done this is criminal. And I hope they have to pay for this a long time in the future.
                          Greed and power-tripping, Cobalt. The more these guys make/profit, the farther from reality they travel. We can boycott them...but, unfortunately, there'll be enough of the mindless mobs (the larger percentage being the ones they are now catering to, the console "fanboys") rewarding IW's pissing on them by buying their product, waiting to play with whomever IW chooses for them to play with...getting disconnected...lining up again, etc. Taking it in the, ahh, what's the part of the anatomy that I'm trying to think of...?

Comment

I just thought of another aspect of the whole situation. PC guys are one group you dont want to piss off. I can see it now. DOS attacks, new hacks to disrupt the whole system, Steam going down constantly because of bandwidth issues and viruses. The list is endless.

These idiots just picked a fight with the internet, and I dont think the outcome is gonna be pretty.

I say good on em.
                            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {clr} Cobalt View Post
                              i Just Thought Of Another Aspect Of The Whole Situation. Pc Guys Are One Group You Dont Want To Piss Off. I Can See It Now. Dos Attacks, New Hacks To Disrupt The Whole System, Steam Going Down Constantly Because Of Bandwidth Issues And Viruses. The List Is Endless.

These Idiots Just Picked A Fight With The Internet, And I Dont Think The Outcome Is Gonna Be Pretty.

I Say Good On Em.
                              Amen!

Comment

YouTube - Bobby Kotick Holds Dedicated Servers Hostage

I wanna watch that movie...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X