Infinity Ward + Activision = FAiL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
    True gamers use pc's? I use both, so I get the best of both worlds. True gamers buy the games that they enjoy playing regardless of which console or pc they come out on.
    I'm betting my left nut Skud that you havnt played close to a quarter of the games I have played (considering I started gaming in 79) PC and console's both have great games for them. So stop bashing when its obvious you have no clue what your talking about when it comes to console's. Nuff said.
    I do have a clue, actually. I've relinquished my PS3 to watching DVDs on, I like it so much.

And I've played consoles since Atari, probably about the same time as you, grandpa. Consoles are fine for some games, but do not compare to PCs for shooters...COD4 for instance...what's the max number of players online for console? Can you choose your favorite server? Does it bog down during airstrikes and such (I remember barely being able to play maps like wetworks because of the chunkiness). Anyway, if I bash consoles I'm not bashing folks who play them. I just think they basically blow and have too many breakdowns...
    Last edited by Skud; 22 Jul 2009, 03:48 PM. Reason: added stuff

Comment

Console/PC debate is like Linux/Windows IE/FF Chrome/ff debates...

POINTLESS

Dont do that debate, its pointless, each have their strong points, each have their flaws.
      Each user has different needs and desires.

So a console does not fit your needs, does not mean it does not fit mine...

We got a range of consoles in the house, from ps3 to wii, 360 to psp.
      I just find console games more relaxing than their pc counterpart,
      i agree about fps games thou, but thats my view.

Some games I've always played on the console, GTA for example, and will always have a console for them no matter what anyone says.

Also i've never had a console breakdown on me, sorry, I still have a 2nd year ps2 in the house, a first year psp and a 2nd year 360... not broken yet.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        You mean to tell me the 10 year old kids playing on XbawX and PeeS3 are more hardcore than people who spend thousands of dollars on machines for the sole purpose of gaming? No homie, Get your mind correct.
        I'm not your homie. My mind is correct. If you read my post a little closer you would have seen I was talking about gamers who play all the titles on pc and console's are hardcore.
        [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
          I do have a clue, actually. I've relinquished my PS3 to watching DVDs on, I like it so much.

And I've played consoles since Atari, probably about the same time as you, grandpa. Consoles are fine for some games, but do not compare to PCs for shooters...COD4 for instance...what's the max number of players online for console? Can you choose your favorite server? Does it bog down during airstrikes and such (I remember barely being able to play maps like wetworks because of the chunkiness). Anyway, if I bash consoles I'm not bashing folks who play them. I just think they basically blow and have too many breakdowns...
          1. 60 players on Resistance 2 and 256 players for M.A.G. coming soon.
          2. Yes.
          3. I dont get lag on most of my games.
          4. I still have my original ps1, ps2, ps3, and psp. not to mention all my other consoles dating back to my intellivision.
          Last edited by {CLR} Major.Massacre; 23 Jul 2009, 10:35 AM. Reason: MAG not MAG2 and had to say the grandpa bit was funny.
          [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

You mean to tell me the 10 year old kids playing on XbawX and PeeS3 are more hardcore than people who spend thousands of dollars on machines for the sole purpose of gaming? No homie, Get your mind correct.
            Well that would be me I spent well over $1000 on a gaming PC for my self and the same on my oldest son PC just for gaming.

Also I own a PS3 and Xbox 360 Wii, But true MP gaming was born on the pc not the console's.

Comment

ummm... yeah, so I am disappointed the prestige edition is not coming out fo PC. Oh well. harden edition will be fine.. All it is cheap NVG for what its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
                1. 60 players on Resistance 2 and 256 players for M.A.G. 2 coming soon.
                2. Yes.
                3. I dont get lag on most of my games.
                4. I still have my original ps1, ps2, ps3, and psp. not to mention all my other consoles dating back to my intellivision.

PC + a PS3 = best of both worlds

it is kind of funny how archaic non-console owners think the PS3 and 360

anyways, i cant wait to sit in the black of night at 3am playing MW2 with my NVGs on just because ill be able to.

Comment

How did we get to this point? That's forums for ya.

Back to topic. Why is the basic game now 60 bucks while every other PC game I ever bought (hehe) was $50? I don't like the precedence it's setting for other games. I'm hoping Bioshock 2 aint gonna be following Activision's newly acquired greed.

Comment

How did we get to this point? That's forums for ya.
                    I'm a magnet for it.

Comment

This was an entertaining discussion. Dont stop on my account.

But having played both consoles and PC. I'd have to go with PC. I know some guys that are good with the consoles. It just isnt as fast for me. So I'll stick with PC's. But like someone said they both have their niche.

I also think that the gaming community was founded on the PC and like someone also said, that was the beginning of thier bread and butter and its like they cater to the console crowd now. Probably has something to do with revenue. But they really shouldnt forget what got them where they are.

I really like to hear the banter. You guys crack me up.
                      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cobalt, I like your PC hardcore-ness-isity (I'm copy rightin' that word)

I'm getting regular/basic anyways.

Comment

Cobalt, I like your PC hardcore-ness-isity (I'm copy rightin' that word)

I'm getting regular/basic anyways.
                          Yea, I could give a crap about all the gimmicks they come up with to make sales. All are based around trying to milk a few more dollars and one up the competition. But Infinity Ward just dont get it. HC gamers whether PC or console just want to play. And in my opinion IW has the best FPS out in Cod4 with MW2 following.

Just make the dang game play good and people will buy it no matter what the price. You dont have to spoof it all up with gimmicks to sell it. But hey, thats marketing. Some bean counter at the top suggested some stupid idea to make sales and you get what you get. I personally would never buy a game just because it had some trinket to go along with it. As long as it is entertaining I'll buy it.

Oh, and one other item. The poll that IW took to see how many people even knew about MW2 was amazing.20% didnt even know what it was. Once again you had some mullet at the top suggesting they distance themselves from the CoD name. My question is "Why" if its gonna lose 20% of the marketable public. Or at least slow down sales until people catch on.

They could name it "Ned and the first shooter" for all I care and if it plays good I'd buy it. (thats a reference for all the old guys in here, the youngsters wont have clue what that means). But the point is, why take a product thats selling like hotcakes and try and change everyone's perception of it with a new name. IW just dont get it. Couple that with the fact of it seeming they are catering to the console crowd and I'm thoroughly confused. Maybe someone can explain to me what they are trying to accomplish. Just something else to discuss.
                          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I changed my mind: consoles are awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                              I changed my mind: consoles are awesome!!!

Yea, like I believe that statement.

It's kinda like the Mac vs. PC argument. Every person on the planet is different. Think about it, if we all were alike and all liked the same things then there would be no need for a discussion forum. If there were no need for a discussion then there might not be a forum in the first place. And if there wasnt a need for a forum then Cain might be out of a job.

I for one am not gonna be the one to put Cain out of a job. So I'll disagree on some issues just so we can have a forum to discuss it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X