First Phantom... now SavageHobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warlock2411 View Post
    dont worry.. these players just dont like the game because it takes more skill than cod
    It is more BS than CoD actually. I tried shooting a bazooka at someone's feet and nothing since they were like 1/2 an inch above it. Programmers screwed it up and it is nowhere comparable to CoD's engineering. Well made game = Kinda messed up

P.S. YOU CAN AIM WEAPONS! Why can't I aim my thompson or the other ones? Hipfire sucks.... and even the sniper is inaccurate... sigh... but I I'm going to play right now since I enjoy the company.

Comment

Had fun tonight Hobo with the little time i had.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        It is more BS than CoD actually. I tried shooting a bazooka at someone's feet and nothing since they were like 1/2 an inch above it. Programmers screwed it up and it is nowhere comparable to CoD's engineering. Well made game = Kinda messed up

P.S. YOU CAN AIM WEAPONS! Why can't I aim my thompson or the other ones? Hipfire sucks.... and even the sniper is inaccurate... sigh... but I I'm going to play right now since I enjoy the company.
        the recoil makes it much more realistic.. and you get used to it after a while.. and i can be pretty accurate with the sniper..

Comment

I like Steam compared to EA Download Manger

Comment

Now if I could just get a pie downloader.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hey! Only I am allowed to hijack a thread with pie!
              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

LOL... I think Phantom is right, there are a few "quirks" that make the game a little frustrating to play, but it can be a lot of fun (Naillik = Shovel kill). Will probably end up buying it, plus it says the game is on sale until Thursday. It's $4.99 instead of $9.99 so I pretty much have to buy it

Comment

Give it a chance. it does have a steep learning curve. But, you might be surprised once you have played for a bit.
                  Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Don't forget that you are playing mainly with people who have been playing for years, so you have to give it time before you get up to speed.

Many of us know the faster routes to get to flags, camp spots, how to prime nades, bounce nades off of walls for angles shots and so on.
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Or how to get those luck headshots.
                      Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

i honestly didnt like the game to much at first either.. it was alright.. but not what i was used to.. but i seemed to keep coming back.. and it just grows on you.. you get better. and have much more fun as you go along.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage_Hobo View Post
                          LOL... I think Phantom is right, there are a few "quirks" that make the game a little frustrating to play, but it can be a lot of fun (Naillik = Shovel kill). Will probably end up buying it, plus it says the game is on sale until Thursday. It's $4.99 instead of $9.99 so I pretty much have to buy it

Just dont try close range bazooka-ing someones feet, control your recoil, and to phantom --- Don't miss

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik View Post

Just dont try close range bazooka-ing someones feet, control your recoil, and to phantom --- Don't miss
                            Yaa, the recoil is very different from COD4 but seems ok. As for the bazooka-ing at peoples feet.... I must say, that is quite enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post

I agree that the bazooka is nerfed. It is a lot easier if you are above your targets shooting down. I find that the only way to kill someone when you are at the same level is a direct hit, and then it is hilarious watching his body.

While the Assault class (Thompson/mp40) is probably the greatest "new at the game" weapon, I don't find it to be too great at long distance. The Support class (BAR/mp44) is almost the same thing with more damage, single shot, and an extra nade. I find the trade-off to be worth it, exchanging for slightly more recoil, which is easy to get used to.

Even if the sniper is slightly off accuracy wise (which I haven't ever noticed), it is almost always a 1 hit kill so that is a positive.
                              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                              - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

I don't know, I can drop a person with a Thompson down a full length street, and pretty consistently. I've always liked the Thompson since the original DoD beta when I first started playing DoD though. My brother and friend who played a lot both like the single shot rifle though. Guess it depends on personal preference. I always do horrible with the rifle, BAR, or the MGs. Sniper I have some on games, some off. I tend to stick with the Thompson
                                [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                                [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X