No announcement yet.

Twice last night ............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, we got up to 31 last night for a few rounds then it trailed off, then came back...

If we keep plugging away at it, we won't have to do server start ups anymore
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I can not begin to count the number of servers Cain has had ranked number one in the world. But, CS, CSS, DOD and BF2 are a few.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm pretty positive you can throw UT:2k4 in there.

I don't know how well the BF2142, COD4 and TF2 servers have faired...

Comment

Yes, Avalanche KILLED us last night.....

The interesting thing about AVA is people love it or hate it and they guys who play it do not want to play any other map !!

I pulled Ava for Palermo tonight..

Comment

If thats the case with Avalanche, I'd rather please the crowd that likes a variety of maps than the ones that only like Avalanche

Comment

At some point in time we may cycle through all of the maps, but at least for tonight we will give Avalanche a rest...

BTW Ava plays much better with FF enabled... And hopefully soon we will get FF back... I love FF but we just have to deal with the TKers

Comment

FF on
                No kill cam
                No Avalanche
                No Flash (too bad it doesn't draw people in, I love the map)

Comment

I can't disable the killcam, just pick old or new.

The new one shows you zoomed in, the old one shows where you are from the dead guy's vantage point and then shows what you are doing for the next several seconds.

The new killcam also shows the remaining health of the attacker and it definitely discourages camping.

I'm a fan of the new killcam as are most who play here.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                    No Flash (too bad it doesn't draw people in, I love the map)
                    i love flash!

Comment

Ok it has been a while for me. But I haven't played DoD sense the first one. just a couple of nights ago I jumped on the CoD4 server for the first time. Now it looks like I might need to look into this one. The firs DoD was great.

Hmmm we'll need to see.

Comment

You gotta give DOD:S a try Rocnar. Its really fun. I prefer it over the original personally. And there are lots of CLRs playing and we can use any body available to get the server going.

As for the kill cam, it still enables you to see where the person is, giving away sniper and MG positions. Hell, last night I was killed by someone, saw their freeze pic and noticed in the back that an MG was setting up. I spawned as sniper, took the MG out.

I've never been a fan of them. I do admit that seeing the health left on the target can be fun, but I always loved DOD:s for its closer to reality feel, and kill cams don't give it that.

I know afew other people agreed last night with not liking the kill cam, but hey, if the majority like it, I'll just keep moving my MG after every 2-3 kills to make the kill cam not really relevant

Comment

I gotta say...

I'm loving the resurgence of DOD at CAINS LAIR !!

Feels like old times when there was NO DOUBT Cains Lair was the # 1 Server in the World. Its just a matter of time before we sit atop consistently once again.

Not to mention all the new folks who have come aboard !!

I even made a new Steamy Avay ( ok shameless promotion...)

ViTO

Comment

Great job all. I love seeing Cains at the top of the list

I am thinking our new DOD server motto should be "Cain's Lair: You'll Come for the Games, but stay for the Brows"

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X