No announcement yet.

Scrim (8/12) "Blog"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job guys. If it isn't fun, it isn't worth playing. Keep it up.
    I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

The best way to learn a game is to play against people who are better than you are. Same goes for most things in life.

If you keep playing against people who you can easily beat, then you don't progress.

Seems like the scrim gave a chance for the Argentina guys to practice some of their tactics in a more realistic environment, and at the same time, helped most of the CLRs online remember than team play is a huge part of the game, and gave them (or most of them) something to aim for in the future.
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I am so confused right now, so are you guys a clan yet? Is it the same with COD4? If so, I want a match, =TDS= Against {CLR}

Comment

No, we are not a clan. We advertise as not being a clan, more of a community.

But that doesn't mean that we don't like to try different variations of playing a game. Competitive play and recreational play are two totally different things. So if given the opportunity to scrim, why not take it?

We have had a few fun ventures into the world of competitive play. We had a team that went to the end of a BF2142 league play, won some money and all (which was donated all back to Cain's Lair). We had a venture into TF2 league were we got out butts handed to us by the top team in round 1.

This was but a scrim, all for fun, and should be taken that way.

There are basic conduct rules to having the CLR tag, but nothing clanish assocaited to it.

In this scrim, we allowed a first signed up, first to play type of roster. No matter who you are, you are free to play and have fun. Take Juneau, who was a sub and ended up playing, had only played the game a few times. We don't care, its for FUN.

If we were a clan, we would of picked certain people to play certain classes and probably would not tolerate alot of the childish stuff that we do in game, which is what makes CLR so much fun.

We had some BF2 matches where it was regular CLR players vs Admin CLR players. All for craps and giggles.

Staged events can be really fun, if people don't take them too seriously, specially when playing with a competitive group like last night's DOD:S match.

If you want to set something up for COD4, chat with Cain about it, deal with the logisitics. If the other clan has a server, get some CLRs together, have the other clan lock down their server and have a go at it. Its all good.

Just make sure that when you play, you exhibit the fun, sportsmanship and good nature that has made the CLR community popular. You will be representing CLR out there. We don't care about score, we care about reputation. Bad mouthing people, and breaking all the CLR rules on a non CLR server while under the CLR banner is a huge no-no.

Comment

I'd be down for a COD4 scrim. Bring it!

Comment

I am giving it a serious thinking, we'll see where my brain is leading me lol

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                I am giving it a serious thinking, we'll see where my brain is leading me lol
                That can be a very scary place

Comment

Based on the conversations through out this thread. This is what makes me attracted to CL. I love this community and have only been apart of it a short while. CL is what it is all about for me. Play, have fun, keep it clean and friendly and that is all. I have been searching for a place like this since our community/clan broke up over 5 years ago.

I found a few communities over the years but they were very strict about certain things like 1. Competitive play is forbidden or even required. 2. Must pay "x" amount of money per year to be part of the community. (it is usually in the $100s of dollar range).

This place feels like what gaming should and always be like.

Thanks Jeffro for inviting me,
                  Thanks Cain for making this all available to us all.
                  Thanks CLR for maintaining the ideal of this community.

I still want a rematch 3

Comment

Originally posted by Twiztednate View Post
                    We have a winner !!!

OK so maybe you really don't win anything but you still get bragging rights

Very nicely said.

ViTO

Comment

Originally posted by Twiztednate View Post
                      Based on the conversations through out this thread. This is what makes me attracted to CL. I love this community and have only been apart of it a short while. CL is what it is all about for me. Play, have fun, keep it clean and friendly and that is all. I have been searching for a place like this since our community/clan broke up over 5 years ago.

I found a few communities over the years but they were very strict about certain things like 1. Competitive play is forbidden or even required. 2. Must pay "x" amount of money per year to be part of the community. (it is usually in the $100s of dollar range).

Thanks Jeffro for inviting me,
                      Thanks Cain for making this all available to us all.
                      Thanks CLR for maintaining the ideal of this community.

I still want a rematch 3
                      All of the benefits of a clan without the crap.
                      Seriously though, that is why most of play and hang out here.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I guess Twiz didn't get his CL invoice in the mail yet...

Very well put Twiz, and as Apache said, its the main reason why many of us are here

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X