X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
    But, that's the best way to do it.
    Apache
    Those are usually my punching kills haha. A reason I love assault is that you have both the gun for normal kills and then punch available without weapon switching for those "OMGPWNED" kills.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Just as an FYI for anyone that doesn't know what a tick rate is:

From Valve: During each tick, the server processes incoming user commands, runs a physical simulation step, checks the game rules, and updates all object states. After simulating a tick, the server decides if any client needs a world update and takes a snapshot of the current world state if necessary. A higher tickrate increases the simulation precision, but also requires more CPU power and available bandwidth on both server and client.
      DOD:S defaults your tickrate to 66. If you want to take advantage of Cains improvement you will need to do the following.

In game open your console by hitting ~. If nothing happens when you do, hit escape and go to your options. Under Keyboard tab -> Advanced, select "Enable Developers Console"

Go back in to the game and open your console.

Type:
      cl_updaterate 100
      cl_cmdrate 100

If you have a computer that is on the boarder line of minimum system requirements for DOD:S I do not recommend you do this. However if you do have a good computer and a fast internet connection I suggest you guys take full advantage of this. Your computer will essentially send and receive more updates from the server helping with ping/fps and all around smoothness of your gaming experience.

Comment

Cain, I also suggest putting in your server name (again only suggestion) but put (100tick) this will get peoples attention that you have a quality server.

Comment

Thx Twiz, I'll change it now....

Comment

Originally posted by Truthbringer View Post
            All my pistol kills are against stationary targets with their backs turned or reloading .
            Not true. I ran up to you the other night and put my big head right in front of your pistol. I didn't last long.

Comment

Are Orange maps still as popular as they were 2yrs ago? I remember they were the maps that brought me to DOD

Comment

Orange maps are still popular. The problem is the min you change it to a normal map they all leave. Atleast from previous experience they did.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X