X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
    But, that's the best way to do it.
    Apache
    Those are usually my punching kills haha. A reason I love assault is that you have both the gun for normal kills and then punch available without weapon switching for those "OMGPWNED" kills.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Just as an FYI for anyone that doesn't know what a tick rate is:

From Valve: During each tick, the server processes incoming user commands, runs a physical simulation step, checks the game rules, and updates all object states. After simulating a tick, the server decides if any client needs a world update and takes a snapshot of the current world state if necessary. A higher tickrate increases the simulation precision, but also requires more CPU power and available bandwidth on both server and client.
      DOD:S defaults your tickrate to 66. If you want to take advantage of Cains improvement you will need to do the following.

In game open your console by hitting ~. If nothing happens when you do, hit escape and go to your options. Under Keyboard tab -> Advanced, select "Enable Developers Console"

Go back in to the game and open your console.

Type:
      cl_updaterate 100
      cl_cmdrate 100

If you have a computer that is on the boarder line of minimum system requirements for DOD:S I do not recommend you do this. However if you do have a good computer and a fast internet connection I suggest you guys take full advantage of this. Your computer will essentially send and receive more updates from the server helping with ping/fps and all around smoothness of your gaming experience.

Comment

Cain, I also suggest putting in your server name (again only suggestion) but put (100tick) this will get peoples attention that you have a quality server.

Comment

Thx Twiz, I'll change it now....

Comment

Originally posted by Truthbringer View Post
            All my pistol kills are against stationary targets with their backs turned or reloading .
            Not true. I ran up to you the other night and put my big head right in front of your pistol. I didn't last long.

Comment

Are Orange maps still as popular as they were 2yrs ago? I remember they were the maps that brought me to DOD

Comment

Orange maps are still popular. The problem is the min you change it to a normal map they all leave. Atleast from previous experience they did.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X