No announcement yet.

Im sorry.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A packed server with everyone talking in VoIP makes for a great game, and even though I am no fun of this type of FPS games so far I've had a good time in-server.

By the way, in my opinion, TF2 is AWESOME!
    [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Other than recoil, why don't you like it?

I like this game a lot better than the COD games, because there is teamwork, and there are team objectives here. There's more of a point to it. And people use VOIP much more for whatever reasons, and use it tactically.

It's no UT2k4, but it ain't bad.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Here's one thing that helped:

I have a mouse with two thumb buttons.
        One of them is set up to Crouch.
        I push that button everytime I attack someone- thus improving the accuracy of my weapon.

Since I did that I am having a good time.
        I also reccomend sticking with the ASSAULT role until you get comfortable with the maps, strategies, and etc.

Comment

K98 Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
            K98 Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            You guys need to ask Jeffro what my scores were like during our Gen 1 DoD:S server. I think my best was like 17 and 64 for my kills to deaths ratio.

I was a flag capper- charging to cap flags rarely shooting because I was soooo bad.

Last night, I clubbed Jeffro to death with my knife, and then I raped his entire team before dying because I was IMing insults at him in Steam ( Hi Jeff- you got Pwned)

Anyways- the game is fun and it's probably the best game since Tribes or BF2 for me. You can kill-whore, but once an entire team figures that out, the will pretty much all find you no matter where you go- and you become the target. It's a game that forces you to play as a team with 1 to as many as all flags being 2 person plus capture requirements. ( I have played in environments that were modded for all flags to be 2 person and it was fun and hysterical).

And btw- where is the bomb map I love???

Anyways- I'm sorry that you dont like the game Donzi. It's hard for me when my friends don't enjoy the same things that I do, but at the same time, another game will be along soon enough and you can join us there.

-Hammy

Comment

So after reading this again today, I asked a co-worker what he could do with $9.99 + Tax (which is no 9.25% in Calif) and instead we found that there isnt very much we can do with our friends that could be replicated over and over:

1. Cant go to the movies- a ticket is above $10 and the tax just killed that idea with DoD being $9.99

2. You can buy 8 packs of gum (yipee)

3. You could buy a little more than 3 gallons of gas (Petrol [translating for Sirex ] )

4. You could get food from the dollah menu at the Jack in the Box.

5. You could buy 5 40oz. bottles of Magnum

6. You could buy a pack of stamps

and on and on.

But you will note, that for that $9.99 and tax, we couldnt find anything that we could do with our friends that could be reproduced unless we are talking about glue and construction paper, and possibly string.

So the lesson is that the money isnt wasted, it's actually a better investment than other things that you could have done.

Comment

if u decide to give it another try, stick with the assault class, easy gun to handle for starter.

btw k98 owned, but u aint a true dod player till u master the support class.
                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I diffently have to say the recoil is waaaaaay to much and kinda makes the game sucky, and also I aimed dead on at someone and didn't even kill them BUT i'll still play cause I like the game a bit, it is different then COD4 and sometimes i need a change of pace

Comment

Well I find it boring as hell and I really don't care what others say I think it sucks end of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Reconsnipe1 View Post
                      I agree this game was a bore to me when i first got it because i sucked at it and there were no clr servers up for it. I LOVE it now because i have finally learned most of the maps and where to go/ lay mg or go to snipe. I think the teamwork is awsome in this game and i have never played a game at the lair that has this kind of teamwork.
                      I would say just try to learn your way around the game, try all the guns and learn the maps.

Like cain said most of us love the game but it is a matter of preference.
                      I believe you joined us when we were mainly playing COD4 and COD5, which were simply deathmatch.

Our Community has along history of playing more team/objective oriented games, and this is where our regulars really shine and we all have the most fun.

Comment

Brand new (old) target is DL'ing from Steam at this time. Please stand by...

Comment

Originally posted by Storm_Shadow View Post
                          Brand new (old) target is DL'ing from Steam at this time. Please stand by...
                          STORM!! Great to see ya posting and will be even greater seeing you in game again!!

Now I can ban you for no reason haha
                          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                            Now I can ban you for no reason haha
                            Sounds like a lot of fun! Only now I know what to do when it happens.

Initial reaction:
                            Wow, what a twitch clinic! He who shoots first wins... instantly. I can pretty much take whatever I learned during my BF2 and 2142 days and throw them out the window for this one. But with the right folks, great fun.

Comment

K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

I hope you are on tonight Storm. I always enjoined playing BF2 and BF2142 with you.
                                There is not a nicer player around.
                                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X