No announcement yet.

Our First night !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It ran smooth for me. The graphics are great.
    Here is a photo of Cain attempting to drive. Notice the speed.
    Poor Dene (Seiko) and I are passengers holding on for dear life.

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Does that say an amazing 12 MPH?!!! Slow down there guys, breaking the speed limit is an insurance hike. K.

Seriously though, is the game worth the money. Some better review might help out a bit, since I'd listen to you guys first rather than other people that I don't really 'know'.

Is it a stick game, meaning will it say around, or turn into the old Crysis, which lasted all of say, I don't know 10 minutes.

Comment

what about voip? are people using it?

Comment

Yep, your gaming experience in judging the longevity of the game would be great. I'm sure day 1 will be great, its a new toy. But how do you feel about day 45? 100?
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

What i want to know is how many maps are there? And how many are you running Cain? I'll almost certainly be picking this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
              so how about the graphics? does it run smoothly?
              I have an 8600GT running on whatever was in the box when I bought this Sony Vaio machine 4 years ago.

Maxxed the memory out too.

Let's just say that it's nice, but not nice enough.
              I also had a few skippy lag issues due to performance levels.

My frame rate was 24-32 FPS at 1280 x1024. with 2x Antialiasing.
              With Antialiasing off, I was running 35 FPS. And it also looked like Tribes (the first one) with boxes all over the terrain.

~Hammy

Comment

Do I get to both drive and shoot the tank, or is there a separate driver and gunner position?

I'm a terrible back-turret driver. "no, NO! Turn left. Your other left!"

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                  I have an 8600GT running on whatever was in the box when I bought this Sony Vaio machine 4 years ago.

Maxxed the memory out too.

Let's just say that it's nice, but not nice enough.
                  I also had a few skippy lag issues due to performance levels.

My frame rate was 24-32 FPS at 1280 x1024. with 2x Antialiasing.
                  With Antialiasing off, I was running 35 FPS. And it also looked like Tribes (the first one) with boxes all over the terrain.

~Hammy
                  An 8600GT is quite low powered performance wise. But the fact that it can hit 32FPS at 1280x1024 is great news.

Based on this i presume i should hit around 40FPS @ 1680x1050.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                    Do I get to both drive and shoot the tank, or is there a separate driver and gunner position?

I'm a terrible back-turret driver. "no, NO! Turn left. Your other left!"

-Rand
                    I did not drive a tank but, the driver of a hovercraft is also the gunner.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

anyone know how it should run on a 7900 GS and a 3.00 Ghz Intel Pentium 4?

Comment

Hammy ran this on a 8600GT and i think the 7900GS is similar performance wise. However i don't know what CPU he was using.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          That is great feedback, thank you...

How EXACTLY do I disallow duplicate names ???
                          im not totally sure, but there is one kinda big issue that i forgot to mention, if the PB is the same as the original, anyone who makes their own levels in the sandbox2 editor, will be kicked from the server before they join... and sometimes banned

Comment

I have just buy mine in yesterday..maybe have it tomorrow and join up too..

Lets hope i have it tomorrow
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              what about voip? are people using it?
                              We tested the VOIP and it sounded good. It was a little quiet, but that could be fixed. I wasn't on when it was 32/32, but people could hear us when we talked to them.

Originally posted by RyeWhiskey View Post
                              Seriously though, is the game worth the money. Some better review might help out a bit, since I'd listen to you guys first rather than other people that I don't really 'know'.

Is it a stick game, meaning will it say around, or turn into the old Crysis, which lasted all of say, I don't know 10 minutes.
                              I think it has the same feel as BF2, with some improvements. For example in this map that we were playing last night, there was one team on an aircraft carrier, and one on the mainland. Sorta the same idea as Wake Island, but the carrier is A LOT closer to the land. Besides hovercrafts/civilian trucks, a person has to "buy" a vehicle to use it, and the person who buys it has to be the first person in the vehicle, so no one can steal your vehicles. You get virtual money through capping points and killing enemies. I didn't quite understand how the game type works, but there are points around the map that you have to cap just like BF2.

This is just from the 10 minutes that I played last night. More thoughts to come.
                              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                              - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

OMG I've been checking the stores for the past 3 days, and it's always "It should be in tomorrow."
                                ....still not in! :

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X