Idea(s) for CS:GO servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea(s) for CS:GO servers

Hey guys! Been a long time since I have visited Cain's Lair. I got the email and had a couple ideas for CS:GO servers that people would actually use.

I've been playing CS:GO for years now, and have 7,900 hours in the game and have played competitively in leagues and casually as well. I go by xen or xen64 nowadays and here is my profile for proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/xen64.

Anyway, here are the ideas I have if you guys are interested. People love to play "executes" and "retakes" servers. These are mods that simulation competitive strategies. Basically it sets up players in pre-defined locations and throws smokes/flashes automatically for you based on that strategy (it tells everyone the strategy in chat), thus creating a fast-paced "practice" for competitive players. It's very fun and also helpful to get better at the game. The mod is created by splewis and he hosts his own servers, and I am aware the mod takes a lot of time and effort to implement the strategies, player locations, what weapons to give each round, etc. This could take some time to make a similar mod. Here is the splewis website/server list: https://whiffcity.com/

A more simple, yet popular idea is a simple Deathmatch server with 16 players. People who want to work on their aim almost exclusively play community Deathmatch servers, specifically the de_dust2 map. And people sometimes complain about the spawns, so if someone made a new DM mod and opened some DM servers that pros and casuals alike could use to practice their aim against one another, I bet it would catch on once people found out the server was more stable than the "Fragshack" servers (the current popular ones, that have been going for years). The Fragshack servers are notoriously unstable sometimes. Everyone wishes for better DM servers. Here is the Fragshack website: https://fragshack.esea.net/index.php?s=servers

Only problem is CS:GO's overall popularity is falling due to PUBG, and other Battle Royale games, just as the email said. If PUBG ever comes out with dedicated servers/custom matches, I would absolutely love to play on Cain's Lair.

I would love to see CainsLair on Battlefield 4 as well! Personally I prefer it over Battlefield 1. I hear the new Battlefield game is on its way as well.

Happy Gaming guys!

I really appreciate you posting these suggestions, this is a fantastic idea!

I'll read this more closely and post back here my thoughts, I'll also check out all your suggestions.

Take care and thanks for stopping by!!

-- Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      I really appreciate you posting these suggestions, this is a fantastic idea!

I'll read this more closely and post back here my thoughts, I'll also check out all your suggestions.

Take care and thanks for stopping by!!

-- Cain
      Awesome. Thanks for the reply, Cain! I'll be looking forward to your thoughts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by naturalselection View Post
        Awesome. Thanks for the reply, Cain! I'll be looking forward to your thoughts about it.
        I'll check them out this weekend, and report back here.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X