• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/21/13 Update

Release Notes for 3/21/2013

- Added new Hostage Rescue map cs_militia

- Update Hostage Rescue Mode rules

- Hostage positions are randomly assigned at the beginning of the match. The hostages will start at these positions for the entire match.

- Hostages are now carried by CTs instead of following behind.

- Hold +use for 4 seconds to pick up a hostage. (Equipping a rescue kit will decrease the time required to 1 second.)

- CTs win a round when the first hostage is rescued.

- Reduced round timer. Round time is extended when the first hostage has been picked up.

- Rebalanced money rewards to accommodate new rules.

- Hostages now indicate whether they are above or below you on the radar.

- cs_office, cs_assault, and cs_italy have updated to use random hostage spawn points.

- Added convars to modify new hostage rules

-- mp_hostages_max - Sets the maximum number of hostages to spawn.

-- mp_hostages_rescuetime - Setting 0 removes the time extension when CTs pick up the first hostage.

-- mp_hostages_spawn_farthest - Setting 1 forces hostage spawn points to choose be the farthest possible combinations.

-- mp_hostages_spawn_force_positions - Setting a comma separate list (ex: 0,2 ) forces specific hostage spawn point combinations.

-- mp_hostages_spawn_same_every_round - Setting 0 randomizes the hostage spawn points every round.

-- mp_hostages_takedamage - Setting 0 allows hostages to be hurt.

- Added hostage entity properties for new hostage rules

-- HostageSpawnRandomFactor - Allows to increase probability of hostage random spawning rules to use that spawn point.

-- HostageSpawnExclusionGroupN - Hostages sharing same spawn exclusion group will never spawn together.

- The action of defusing a bomb will now terminate when you turn your view too far from facing the bomb.

- Players always play a quiet client-side jump sound that can only be heard by the jumper.

- Players play the regular jump (step) sound when moving greater than walk speed that can be heard by both the jumper and all clients in earshot.

- The timer that performs the random map selection visuals now properly gets killed when the scoreboard hides.

- Fixed convar mp_weapons_allow_map_place not properly eliminating map-placed weapons. NOTE: FY servers will need to set this convar to 1.

- Added an option to func_dustmotes entity volumes that lets them choose to not be affected by wind.

- Fixed in-game clipping for triple-monitor rendering configurations.

- Added overtime indicator to GOTV spectators miniscoreboard.

- Radar should now correctly follow spectated player when spectating via GOTV.

- Adjusted score and MVP rewards for gameplay events related to planting, defending and defusing the bomb, and for reaching, protecting and extracting hostages.

- Steam overlay game details will now correctly show players score.

- Fixed special characters of player name not correctly displaying in some UI elements.

- Fixed a bug where friends were banned from joining parties where one of the members failed to recently accept a competitive match.

mp_hostages_max 2
    mp_hostages_rescuetime 1
    mp_hostages_spawn_farthest 0
    mp_hostages_spawn_force_positions ""
    mp_hostages_spawn_same_every_round 0
    mp_hostages_takedamage 0

Comment

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Server is being updated right now. When it is back up please join.
        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

It is up
          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

MILITIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Comment

32/32

Tonight all hostage maps to see the changes.

Comment

LOVE the new Hostage changes!! Very cool!!

Added new Hostage Rescue map cs_militia

- Update Hostage Rescue Mode rules
                - Hostage positions are randomly assigned at the beginning of the match. The hostages will start at these positions for the entire match.
                - Hostages are now carried by CTs instead of following behind.
                - Hold +use for 4 seconds to pick up a hostage. (Equipping a rescue kit will decrease the time required to 1 second.)
                - CTs win a round when the first hostage is rescued.
                - Reduced round timer. Round time is extended when the first hostage has been picked up.

Comment

And I immediately went in and played my little heart out.

Comment

Comment

I would have played more, but 5:00 AM comes early.
                      Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

That is awesome. I will try and get the server started in a little while.

Comment

Comment

Today is Friday so I will definitely be on. So what is the official lineup? I saw militia, italy, assault..... is office in there?
                            [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

I can't help but tell that the server has been stuck on Militia for awhile.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X