Team-Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team-Switching

This has probably come up a lot, but I just want to take a minute to post about it.

Team-switching is the most ridiculous and outright lame thing that you can do. It doesn't matter who you are, if you are on CT and then switch back to CT after the half, that's abandonment. You've been on a team for 15 rounds and have been communicating and participating in the wins, or losses, of that team and are an essential part of the effort. If you decide to switch after the half, you break that bond in the team. I just get so bummed out during a game when that happens because it totally kills my enthusiasm. The reason I'm posting this is to just bring awareness to the issue and to hopefully discourage those who team-switch often.
    You just got Clunt'd.

I will just say that personally I notice this is the main reason for spectating. If I see a spectator (other than admin) I will urge him/her o join a team. 99% of the time someone is speccing to join another team or they are afk. In this case I initiate a vote kick and let they players decide. This server is way to populated for people to be wasting time and slots.

Quick note - sometimes admins might need to sit in spec to watch other p[layers' behavior
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

i never really thought of it that way, given that almost all plant the bomb maps are CT favored, but i think something to prevent this would be great
      [hlx]

Comment

All admins should go spec as soon as they join. This gives you a chance to check all players to make sure there are not any problems happening. You also can hear all players and this also is a way to make sure there are not any problems going on. I take a quick scan through all players and then join, unless I find a problem that needs taking care of.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by clunt View Post
          This has probably come up a lot, but I just want to take a minute to post about it.

Team-switching is the most ridiculous and outright lame thing that you can do. It doesn't matter who you are, if you are on CT and then switch back to CT after the half, that's abandonment. You've been on a team for 15 rounds and have been communicating and participating in the wins, or losses, of that team and are an essential part of the effort. If you decide to switch after the half, you break that bond in the team. I just get so bummed out during a game when that happens because it totally kills my enthusiasm. The reason I'm posting this is to just bring awareness to the issue and to hopefully discourage those who team-switch often.

It's funny this should be brought up.. Because as of yesterday. I actually team switched back to CT a few times. As where I have never done so before. And there were reasons behind it. As I will further explain:

1. The CT team I was on for the first 15 rounds became stacked.. And I mean STACKED.. So I went over to help the other team. (Although, I do prefer playing CT. I will and can NOT deny that fact)

2. Another big reason I left T to go CT also was I was being team attacked by some asshat repeatedly by the name of "plunk". This idiot loves to team attack at the beginning of the round at spawn and just fires off at me to get an illicit reaction.. There are a few others that do this. And I do believe they made the list for most team kills as well.

3. And sometimes it's a combination of both things. Stacked team and Team attacks happening by other players. So with that being said. I decided to go back to CT and try my luck of not being team attacked by known offenders! And to help the team that needed it..

Hope this helps a bit.. lol

Comment

I just get so bummed out during a game when that happens because it totally kills my enthusiasm.
            So also I would like to add in closing to my above statement.. Is that I hear you Clunt.. And I just would like you and others to see the other side of things to how others may be thinking as to why they are doing what they do. In this given case. Going back to the CT team..

I get majorly bummed out and my enthusiasm goes right out the window when trolls are team attacking me for shits and giggles and it takes away from my gaming fun.. And that's not fair either.. Ya know what I'm saying? So I'm doing what I felt was necessary to avoid further complication and get the best gaming experience without stirring up an unneeded ruckus. lol

Otherwise.. I'd stay on the T-side and play it out to the bitter end.. But I realize i am one of the better players most times (Toots own horn) lol, and when I see a stack.. I tend to try to do the right thing.. I'm sorry if this bums you guys out or kills your personal enthusiasm.. This is and never was my intention.. So I apologize for it.. But please see this issue as if the shoe were on the other foot a bit.. And again, I hope this helps to a better understanding as to why it's probably happening for others too.. Don't get me wrong.. I'm not defending what others do.. But I am defending what i have done to make my gaming a bit more tolerable..

Comment

I totally agree with you, Clunt. Thanks for the post.

I also think that the one and only time you get to choose a team is when you first join the server or new map. Join spectate at first and see if teams are stacked and join the team that best suits you at that time. Once you join a team. That's it. It should be done. If teams end up stacking again, it's kinda an "oh well" in my book. Obviously one team is doing a better job at team communicating and team playing than the other. Which should in return make the other team start coming up with some new plans and communicating better with each other. If not, then I guess the better team wins.

I've been on a team on the losing end..freakin' like 13-2 or what have you, and it sucks. But I stick to my team, because that's what we are a TEAM.

And, TRINITY, I was on your original team yesterday before you started switching. And, I kinda get it and I hear you. That TKER really started to piss me off too. Especially since I was actually rocking it for once and he'd shoot me down to 36 one round and then 16 the next resulting in no kills for me both round. I tried to start a vote kick, but for some reason it wasn't allowing me to at the time. But usually, that would be my answer when something like that occurs. just a simple and quick "vote kick"

But, I love this post because I have always felt the same. Thanks again.

Cheers.

Comment

Please if someone is tking report them. Cain can always ban manually if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  Please if someone is tking report them. Cain can always ban manually if needed.
                  Please do this, this might be the guy http://stats.cainslair.com/hlstats.p...o&player=16644
                  I think I have played with him as m.kerplunk and warned him about team attacking... he has quite a bit of TK too. Let us know if he continues to be a problem, unless Cain wants to take action right away.
                  [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by trip202 View Post
                    Please do this, this might be the guy http://stats.cainslair.com/hlstats.p...o&player=16644
                    I think I have played with him as m.kerplunk and warned him about team attacking... he has quite a bit of TK too. Let us know if he continues to be a problem, unless Cain wants to take action right away.
                    Yeah, that's him Trip! I've actually bitched at him before and then he suddenly gets on his mic and says.. "I did not!" And laughs about it! Sorry, but i'm not enthused here .. He's a douchebag that gets off on team attacking and killing.. I mean yeah, it's obvious huh? lol
                    And yet he keeps coming back to the server day after day to troll with his team attacks and what not..

And, TRINITY, I was on your original team yesterday before you started switching. And, I kinda get it and I hear you. That TKER really started to piss me off too. Especially since I was actually rocking it for once and he'd shoot me down to 36 one round and then 16 the next resulting in no kills for me both round. I tried to start a vote kick, but for some reason it wasn't allowing me to at the time. But usually, that would be my answer when something like that occurs. just a simple and quick "vote kick"
                    Yeah.. I should of explained further with this now that you mention that vote kick.. I couldn't vote kick either at the time. As I distinctly recall. The vote kick glitch was in effect and no one could vote.. That's what the problem was.. And this was in de_vertigo as i also recall..
                    Otherwise, as of yesterday. I've been using the vote kick system for team attackers and team killers. I've just about reached my limit with the abuse of FF on.. And its sad.. Because on one hand, it makes the game more realistic. And on the other, it ruins it cause of childish retards that can't seem to get along with others the way this game was meant to be played.... Kinda like heaven and hell here.. lol

Comment

Kerplunk has been spoken to in the past about this, if there is further issues with him in the future and no admin is on, contact myself, Apache, or Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
                        Kerplunk has been spoken to in the past about this, if there is further issues with him in the future and no admin is on, contact myself, Apache, or Cain

If you guys are on when it happens.. We'll be sure to do just that! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TriNity View Post
                          If you guys are on when it happens.. We'll be sure to do just that! Thanks!

We do not even have to be on, just send us a pm through the forums.
                          [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

He does not even have to be in game to be banned.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                              He does not even have to be in game to be banned.
                              Apache
                              Thats why I love SB

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X