Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with server? Seems to be allowing 31/32 players only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with server? Seems to be allowing 31/32 players only.

Just curious if this is affecting anyone else. Whenever I try to log into Cain's in game it shows that there are 31/32 players online but everytime I try to join it tells me "failed to join, the server is full." Won't even let me enter the "wait list." Just pops up that error every time.

Edit: It let me in now. Seemed to be a temporary error then. Happened to me the other day as well.

Not so much a server thing, just a csgo thing. This happened to me yesterday and I was all "YES! No waiting!" just to find out the server is full. I'd even refresh and it'd still say 31/32 but server is full. But this has happened to me with other servers on go as well.

Comment

Yes it does this once in awhile..sometimes it is a server thing and wont let anyone join, then we need to reboot.

Oh and Jewliane, glad u made it to the forums!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vyruss View Post
        Just curious if this is affecting anyone else. Whenever I try to log into Cain's in game it shows that there are 31/32 players online but everytime I try to join it tells me "failed to join, the server is full." Won't even let me enter the "wait list." Just pops up that error every time.

Edit: It let me in now. Seemed to be a temporary error then. Happened to me the other day as well.

Yes.. I get this too sometimes when it says 31/32.. And sometimes not.. It's strange.. Makes me think that perhaps a reserved slot is being used.. Not sure.. Just a guess at this point..

Also.. I just tried to join the server a min or so ago.. And kept trying.. And for some reason.. It keeps saying, "Failed to join Session, Please try again".. And as I write this.. The server is emptying out 1 person at a time.. Not sure if there is another update or something is glitching out with the server to cause this..

Server may just need a good reboot ..

Comment

Trinity, I was having the same issue. So after trying to join a few times and restarting my Steam, I tried another server and the same issue was happening. Must be Steam glitching out or something? Idk. :[

Comment

Ok.. map changed.. Maybe it'll be okay now.. Seems like it's filling back up.. that was odd.. lol

Comment

I have a feeling it was just a reboot
              [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

usually when you get booted back to the main menu while joining it means that someone else got in the server while your client was just catching up to the fact that it was open.

sort the users by time spent in server and you should notice this.

Makes me think that perhaps a reserved slot is being used
                there are no reserved slots.

Comment

Sometimes when player numbers drop off the server needs a reboot. that is what happened this time and I rebooted the server. We were full withing 4 minutes.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Comment

Can you do a memory dump and send it to Valve when a reboot is needed? There was a weird problem where more than half the people's game crashed mine did too, Valve really needs to throw in the towel the more they stray from the legacy Q1\Q2 engine the more craptaculer things get. My guess there was some sort of malformed packet, accidental buffer overflow.

I will be gifting Valve this:

Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jonjolt View Post
                          Can you do a memory dump and send it to Valve when a reboot is needed? There was a weird problem where more than half the people's game crashed mine did too, Valve really needs to throw in the towel the more they stray from the legacy Q1\Q2 engine the more craptaculer things get. My guess there was some sort of malformed packet, accidental buffer overflow.

]

Great info, thanks for telling me...

You a programmer/IT guy? Server admin??

Comment

I read a lot of books, on Processor design, Z8/Z80 microcontroller (Assembly), Field Programmable Gate Arrays, Cisco Routers, Ladder Logic list goes on, some out of necesity others curiosity.

I'm trying to dabble a bit in C, though I'm pretty well versed in PHP

Currently reading http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043D2E54/

Comment

Very cool Welcome!! You may be able to help us from time to time...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X