Reserved Slots ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reserved Slots ??

I'm getting quite a few requests for reserved slots.

I can understand this, because at night, in primetime, it takes me sometimes 15+ minutes to get into the server.

*IF* I do this, and I'm considering it, I know other servers sell monthly reserved slots for anywhere from 10 - 25 bucks....

I'm thinking in the 10 bucks per month range, then you would not have to wait to join.... (I do not have a reserved slot). That is about 33 cents per day.

Is anyone here interested in this?? I would need to research the logistics of how it would work, and how many slots I could reserve.

you could reserve all 32, just have it kick the "nonmember" when a member joins
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum."

Comment

Which can piss players off.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Oh for sure it will upset players that arn't paying. Either way at some point people are going to get booted for paying members.
        "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum."

Comment

I know a BF3 Server I used to frequent after Cain pulled the plug had reserved slots. I never did research it to find out a price but I do know I was kicked on numerous occasions to make room for a premium member. While annoying I would always just rejoin so /shrug. I for one always was for it espcially at a low rate like $10.00. BUT I dont play CSGO so

Comment

i disagree with reserved slots, all it does is piss all other players off.

Comment

Yeah -- even though I've been completely unable to get in for a couple nights lol it's no big deal. Been finding a couple of other servers to waste time on. Reserved slots would be a nice feature as long as it surpassed the player cap and didn't boot anyone in game.

Comment

Could we do that Cain? Run the server for say 38 people but the 6 slots are reserved?

Comment

no no no

no no

no no
                  no reserved slots

no

nono no

only my opinion lol, I haven't been playing alot so whatever I say doesn't mean much, but I will never like reserved slots.

especially in CS, a game in which you lose your score/money/fun when you crash/get booted

Comment

I'm sure there are some people who would like a reserve slot and willing to pay for one. 10$ is fair amount for a month. Also we can use that money to pay for the server or even expand and buy another server. I don't think is a bad idea...the only thing would be non donor would get a lil tick off like Jeffro.
                    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
                      I'm sure there are some people who would like a reserve slot and willing to pay for one. 10$ is fair amount for a month. Also we can use that money to pay for the server or even expand and buy another server. I don't think is a bad idea...the only thing would be non donor would get a lil tick off like Jeffro.
                      So tell them to break open the piggy bank
                      [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

While this may piss some players off, I know from personal experience I just rejoin anyway. Having reserved slots will make donations go through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
                          I don't think is a bad idea...the only thing would be non donor would get a lil tick off like Jeffro.

RAWR!!!

Comment

i would actually support(help pay for) a second server rather then reserved slots. so ex: main server is full it automatically connects you to the alternate one; if im not crazy i think that's how some work
                            [hlx]

Comment

Not a bad idea Marv.... I think there is a plugin that does that somewhere...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X