X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant take it anymore!!

Just to many of them...
    benchmark your own ping in hlx then look in game at what it reads....you be the judge.

I aint goin to name names I told them ingame how to fix it and they play dumb and start talking shit...

If you hold a zero tolerance for manipulating the games defects ie:cheating no other way to put it..then this got to go.

2012-11-01_00001.jpg
    [hlx]

I posted the pic to show that your hlx stats reflect the mean between latency and ping nothing more and my hlx reads Average Ping:* 53 ms (Latency: 27 ms) in game 34-38...
    [hlx]

Comment

I don't buy it / see the connection. I was pplaying in the same game and was watching the "status" / etc.

Is there any other proof you could provide?

Comment

?? the proof is in the pic, look at everones ping ingame vs hlx....they are using the lowest cmdrate they can, if I turn mine down to cmdrate to 30 my ping ingame reads 18-20...
        [hlx]

Comment

I was in game too and to be honest the people that you were accusing had pretty normal KDRs. I wouldn't say they were rate hacking.

Comment

I don't know enough about rate manipulation to really have any input on this.

In case you missed it, I'll direct your attention here.

http://www.cainslair.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=12

I tested editing my CL_CMDRATE to 5, 10 and 30 respectively.

each time my cl_cmdrate was set back to 81.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyruss View Post
              I was in game too and to be honest the people that you were accusing had pretty normal KDRs. I wouldn't say they were rate hacking.
              It has nothing to do with KDR....ohhh my
              [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by Synergy View Post
                It has nothing to do with KDR....ohhh my
                I get that. But in game you accused quite a few people. I understand it doesn't have to do with KDR. But would it not give them an advantage to boost their KDR?

The whole point would to be so that they would not be able to be hit as much. Causing them to have less deaths. Aka a better KDR.

Comment

Surprised that it took so long to start this convo....

If it was cheating then valve wouldn't allow it to happen or they would make it a punishable offense. Personally I have not ever seen a true advantage in this. It's like saying that turning down your graphics settings give you an unfair advantage. They can do it... so can you... It's a command in a game. Personally I would be more concerned with the dudes who re-skin their chac's to hot pink so they can see them better.

Besides, those who cheat, generally cheat cause they can't take the time required to become good players.

Psychology thoughts... Instant gratification. It's normal but a non-issue me thinks...

Comment

but re-skining is legal too, but if you could see there screen and have proof they are using bright colors to see people....they would get ban ASAP...this is the same thing, I have 100% proof right here..
                    [hlx]

Comment

I wouldn't ban someone for a re-skin... I re-skin... And I don't recall any rules against it here at Cain's. Now I haven't re-skinned in this game but I would if there was some good ones. I happen to know some people who do the bright color thing and I have never noticed a true stat change. Just cause you change the colors doesn't mean your aim will improve. That would require an aimbot.

I have heard this argument many times, I'm sure if it is an issue... Cain would have already dealt with it. He has ran quite a few valve games in his life.
                      Last edited by -Bar; 1 Nov 2012, 11:25 PM. Reason: more stuff......

Comment

another great way to look at it its how many peole complain "shots dont register" well this rate issue is ruing the game game play for alot more peole then just me, they just dont know "why" their shots dont hit people.

So if its bad for the game play of all the other players = bad all around for the server
                        [hlx]

Comment

Also as Lulzor pointed out Cain set a high enough mincmdrate that he feels it should be a non issue, as seen in your other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyruss View Post
                            Also as Lulzor pointed out Cain set a high enough mincmdrate that he feels it should be a non issue, as seen in your other thread.
                            As I said before, I'm sure Cain has already dealt with it.

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                              As I said before, I'm sure Cain has already dealt with it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X