Rate "hackers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cain View Post
    He is saying some people may be manipulating their update rate to make it harder for the server to track them correctly.

I have a high enough sv_mincmdrate set that I believe this to be a non-issue for us however...

KP, don't worry, you will just get confused, and frustrated, when you get frustrated you try to play vigilante in RL, when you play vigilante in RL you get your nuts cut off - don't get your nuts cut off.

Oh that was good.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        He is saying some people may be manipulating their update rate to make it harder for the server to track them correctly.

I have a high enough sv_mincmdrate set that I believe this to be a non-issue for us however...

KP, don't worry, you will just get confused, and frustrated, when you get frustrated you try to play vigilante in RL, when you play vigilante in RL you get your nuts cut off - don't get your nuts cut off.

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Synergy View Post
          Saw a few people in the server today with a 5-10 ping and they are not from NY or NJ and bullets were not registering on them too well so they must be using a cmdrate really low (8-12) we call that rate hacking cause the server dont know exactly where their hit boxes are suppose to be, can you set the sv_mincmdrate to at least 50, Im pretty sure most players get atleast 50 fps
          I thought I saw someone ask me that yesterday and was not sure what it meant. All my stuff is on default, plus I am from NY.
          [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Phantom been nutless for years now. Thought that was common knowledge.

[COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by trip202 View Post
                  I thought I saw someone ask me that yesterday and was not sure what it meant. All my stuff is on default, plus I am from NY.
                  Ya if your in NY, or like a few in Nj,CT on a school fiber line then yes your ping will be low...I am refering to these people that on the stats it shows your ave latancy and it says 70 (40ms) w/e but in the server they come up less then 10...its a dead give away
                  [hlx]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,817   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X