Let's chat about AWPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's chat about AWPS

While I personally hate the thing, I know many of the top players love it, and many of you love it as well.

My last CSGO Server was humming along just fine, then I banned AWPs and it fell off the edge of the earth and never recovered.

We were getting 3-6 players at 8PM when we should be slammed...

It sat essentially empty for a whole week, then I decided to switch providers and we are humming along now.

So let's chat about AWPs..

I am considering limiting the AWPs so they they cannot be used if the server has fewer than XX players....

I am also considering limiting the number of AWPS per team to X

I'm looking for feedback on these two numbers..

What say ye?

Keep them and limit it to like 2 per side. Don't limit based on the players. If the server gets low and someone wants to own bots let them. Someone who wants to play with them on a low server is the most important player. Also easier to sneak up to a Sniper on a low server.

Comment

2 per side gets my vote.
      The bots are stupid and easy to kill.
      If you have 10 players, 5 each side and two have AWP's, that is almost half the team.
      I would say allow AWP's when the server hits 12 players.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Don't limit it. It always leads to complaints. Since I've played this game, I haven't heard too many people calling people out for using an AWP.

Comment

Well anyone who knows me, knows im an awper and i love to awp. But over the past few day it has kinda been annoying that each team has like 5-6 awpers on it. I personallt think there should be a limit on the awp and the auto snipers for both teams. 2 per team would be good and as far as the limit of players to be able to buy it, well thats whatever. And i also agree with apache and goldenfooler.

GhostViper

Comment

Thx guys and thanks Ghost -- Welcome to the Forums !

Comment

I vote for 3 AWPs per team. 2 doesn't seen enough for 13-15 players. Considering that we usually get 5-6 AWPer per team. Bringing it too low may not be good.

Hey Cartman....err mean Ghost Welcome to the forums buddy!
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post

Hey Cartman....err mean Ghost Welcome to the forums buddy!

Ghost.
                Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Lol, i love south park and i saw my favorite character so now hes my avatar, and thx guys. And i guess i could agree with amazing but it just depends on the map for me.

GhostViper

Comment

Originally posted by CLR GhostViper View Post
                    And i guess i could agree with amazing but it just depends on the map for me.

GhostViper
                    Cough Italy Cough.
                    Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I hate AWPers, with that said, I say don't limit them. I agree with KP that limiting them only leads to complaints.

Lots of AWPers are easy to counter IMO.
                      Nauticas

Comment

AWPs are fine. I think that sometimes a team gets stacked, so after 5 straight losses, it would make sense to "dump" some money into the losing team, so they can participate. The problem with losing is that if you are against a team of awpers, then you have to find one to beat them.

Comment

Thx for the feedback...

I can bump up the min Start money a little bit...

Comment

Again last night on Dust II, 6 to 8 AWP'ers on the CTside. And two or three with Auto Snipers.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

change the flash to 2 instead of 1
                              its in the server settings somewhere.

i dont mind if u limit it..
                              i prefer scout over AWP, AWP is the new NOOB cannon in CS: GO
                              takes 0 zero skill to use it..

I know someone who does it ingame..
                              whenever he has a MONEY to buy it.. thats the only GUN he will use.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X