No announcement yet.

No Free Entities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That happened to me about 6 times already the entity thing.

Oh, phantom! Dude, I was smearing your team in back, then you ruined my fun. I am looking forward to gaming later with everybody, make sure you all get on and look at the buddy page and add everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by RyeWhiskey View Post
      That happened to me about 6 times already the entity thing.

Oh, phantom! Dude, I was smearing your team in back, then you ruined my fun. I am looking forward to gaming later with everybody, make sure you all get on and look at the buddy page and add everybody.
      Add everybody? lol, I already denied a couple

Comment

I'm getting sick of this error. I've had it 4 times today, then the server seems like it is down in my refresh list. I was having a blast on the last map with you all, something like 63-15 and then 'wham' 'no-free entities'. What is this error, anybody found out yet?

Comment

I looked it up here is some info on this error.

Let's take a look at the error: "g_spawn: no free entities"

Gameserver's own DeviceNull offers the following explanation:

"The server will kick all players after displaying the following message: "ERROR: G_Spawn: no free entities". It then stops the current map, but does not actually crash so it will not automatically restart. Basically what happens is the server runs out of entities (There is a hardcoded limit of 1024, and things such as grenades, players, dropped weapons, player spawns, etc count towards it)."

Entities include bullets too. Now, you tell me, how did Treyarch overlook the simple math here?

In a server with just 10 players, each player would produce at least 100 entities with their bullets, nades, respawns, etc. That "hardcoded limit" is reached in just minutes, almost by the time the players run out of ammo the first time around. This should have been discovered in very early in house beta testing, not exposed in a public beta testing where the end result is potential buyers deciding not to buy based on this beta experience.
          I think i might have a band-aid fix for the problem until Treyarch patches it. Our search and destroy has never crashed since beta release and stays full 32/32. Search and destroy you dont respawn nearly as much. So less spawns equals less chance of crash.

Run a respawn time of about 5 seconds. Also dont set the server up where it runs the map for a long period of time. If you want long matches do 2 rounds on each map. Or whatever you want.

Comment

Oh, I thought it was me.... cool..........................

Comment

I looked it up here is some info on this error.
              Thanks for the info Rye, but one thing I don't understand is that when I got kicked with the error and came back, everyone else had been still playing. That's what this explanation is claiming, right? It's like a server crash, without a crash.

Comment

I'm not sure Warhead, I found those two quotes on two different websites. It looks according to the quotes that the server crashes, but I've seen it happen to just people I think to. So I'm not sure, but I had to find something about it, since it's happened like 4 times to me today.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... ...........................

Comment

Did it again on our other server. This time we had about 5 or 6 on both sides, 70-21 and got the error again. Dang it.!

Comment

I'm not sure Warhead, I found those two quotes on two different websites. It looks according to the quotes that the server crashes, but I've seen it happen to just people I think to. So I'm not sure, but I had to find something about it, since it's happened like 4 times to me today.
                      It may just be that sometimes it boots the player because they have used too many entities, or it boots the server because the players as a whole have used too many entities. I really can't wait for the first patch of the retail version though.

Comment

Damn, did it to me too. And I was rockin that game.

Comment

Guess it got us all this time

Can someone get the server up again please?

Comment

Can't get in

Comment

Its a bug in the beta....Anything over 24 slots,it happens to.

Comment

I went to another server and it also crashed, lol. I must be bad luck!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X