No announcement yet.

clan war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played in BFE (Battle For Europe, a DOD campaign for almost 3 years) Practice several nights a week, and then 12 hour war on Wednesdays. That was all the structured gaming I every care to do.
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Im still part of a COD4 scrim team and its hardcore, im on the reserves because i fail to make many of the everyother day pratices. Although rand you said we would get beat b/c of lack of team work but i think that with the right group of individuals the teamworks would come almost naturaly. Plus add on Rye just as a disruption to what ever they do, because lets face it Rye tends to be a huge pain in the but.

Comment

Rye just reminded me of our base play where one person would be there disrupting the gens and then leave, as soon as a Red or Blue (depending on your team) appeared, you would come off the top of the hill behind them and dust them off as they attempted to fix the gens.

That was a positional play.

Positional plays can exist in COD. Example: Rye and I used to have a play where I would follow him around and run out into the open if someone was camping, and while that person shot at me Rye would plick them out.

Thats another one.

Scrims cant work unless everyone has a role, and they really dont work if the team isnt "in it to win it". Too much arguing, accusations, blame and cheating chants will occur.

Oh my head - just thinking about it. Nope, I think these things are just a bad idea and create bad feelings in our community toward one another.

Comment

Yeah, in BFE you were assigned either offense, constantly charging the flags, middle Defense, holding the most recently capped flag, or MG, sitting in one choke point constantly laying down fire.

I once spent 12 hours, in one spot, laying down MG fire. I was bored out of my skull, but it was my turn to do it. I spent most of the time reminding people to DROP AMMO!!
          A change of Pace.
          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

kk just read through the latest replies (sorry i havent been too active on my own thread had a few very busy social days with my gf)
            i havent tried anything like this before (organising or partisipating) and i was relying on the experience of our vets. from the start i wanted this to be casual and i obviously didnt realise the amount of time this would be required and after reading hammy's post i def dont want to bring any bad feelings into the clan so this idea/post is now closed lol

Kaeben (thanks for all the opinions etc lol)

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X