Dogs !@$#$@#%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
    The only thing I dont like about the dogs is how I have been killed twice by my own teams dogs....if the dog leaps to kill an opponent and he dodges...if u r standing where the dog lands, he bites you Thx to Rand that happened
    This was awesome. I've caused this to happen twice now, and on back to back days no less. It's about the funniest dang thing I've seen in this game.

Opfor when you're dealing with dogs definitely sucks, especially if it's someone like Rye or Skud. The dogs never miss unless you can dodge them, and sometimes humans miss, so you have to deal with the dogs first, but when those with great skill come on you, you may as well toss the gun in the air and stand still.

Going low for dog killing doesn't work for me. The dang things FLY over my weapon and take me at the top of the head. The best ways to take them are knives at mid-level when they start their leap, and aimed gunfire at mid-long range. And teamwork definitely helps: if I'm sniping for example, I will actively hunt dogs trying to kill my teammates. This is the kind of thing you have to do to minimize dog damage.

Finally, I actually like being right at the dog spawn point if I have the PPSH with drum mag. It gives me enough firepower and time to wipe out almost all of them, and it's really fun. Other weapons though, not so much.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Hey, thanks Rand!

Never thought I'd be mentioned in the same sentence as Rye, unless "killed by Rye" followed my name. You would deserve mention more than I. Thank you.

Back to the dogs, with the prestige levels going up so quickly, things like arty/dogs/recon are some of the remaining treats/incentives to keep a player interested in the game. They are a nice break from killing everyone by hand/gun...and a necessary part of the game.

Comment

My best dog kill was 13 with one set of dogs.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Keep the dogs

Comment

I dont mind them

Comment

Dogs aint bad, when they are on ur team and uav aint on u can just fallow them(i do), and when ur against them i just non-stop sprint and i never get killed.

Comment

If you can hide in an out of the way spot, and not move they will run right past you. It is funny to watch them run past me. As long as I do not shot or move they do not see me.
                Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yeah the best spot is when you are where they spawn with an smg, you can take out the whole lot. The best time to unleash them is when the enemy is rotating near a spawn hole, not at it, that way they have their backs turned. You want the enemy to be spread out decently too, not all bunched up.

Comment

I had a nightmare about those stinkin dogs the other night. But, I still think we should keep them.

Comment

I hate em too. But I like em when I release my mutts I have seen teamwork taken out all the dogs. And its over quick. I even help my teammates who are unaware a dog is runing up behind 'em. But it sucks when your enemy release the dogs like 3 or more times in a row. lol

Comment

I like the dogs, it add a different angle on the game and breaks the run and gun for a little shot and find a defensive position.
                        Just remember guys when those things are release, protect you buddies close to you and shot the dogs as fast as possible while at the same time watching for those enemies running on the dogs coat tails
                        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                        Like the community? Donate here:
                        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Dogs dont bother me none, I'm usually dead and dont push V til its all over. Only way I can kill a dog is if he's comin straight at me. I just aim in front of him about 2 feet and do ok. I have had guys save my skin a few times from them things. But one bite is kinda tough to get around. Once they get on you its over.

I dont know how many kills it even takes to unleash das hounds. Never killed enough folks in a row to find out.
                          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

It takes 7 kills.
                            I like my puppies.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

i hate dogs when da opposite teams use them but when i use them i love them

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X