I removed the tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobytt View Post
    So just let me know when you bring them back.
    Same XD As in CoD4 i liked the server till was 3.2k and all maps,last months ppl start cry about some maps and the game become repetitive.Look like same thing happening here too

Comment

The tank whores wiped out our jumpstart hardwork one night. Now which is more preferable? Tanks? Or people in the server?

Will the people who want tanks be willing to sit in our server for a few hours after it's emptied out to try and get the numbers back up?

Tanks only seem to work when the server is booming, this will require the numerous people here who have the game to play more regularly on the server and for longer periods of time. Then they'll probably be added back.

Comment

Well Juneau from your words i understand that there is a lot more people than before? Funny thing , i cant see them when i refresh my favorites there is even less people in cainslair.... Anyway , it was a pleasure to play with you guys. later on , when you put the tanks back ill come again. I loved to put tanks away and now this is gone. And that was a lot of fun for me.

Comment

Well Juneau from your words i understand that there is a lot more people than before? Funny thing , i cant see them when i refresh my favorites there is even less people in cainslair.... Anyway , it was a pleasure to play with you guys. later on , when you put the tanks back ill come again. I loved to put tanks away and now this is gone. And that was a lot of fun for me.
          You're classing the Xmas holidays as a usual gaming days? People are busy this time of year. Sad to see you go boby, but if you play selfishly then......

Comment

Interesting its doesn't seems that the players on the other servers know that Juneau ...

Comment

Interesting its doesn't seems that the players on the other servers know that Juneau ...
              I meant in 'our' community. I'm not going to get into an argument with you Boby, so i'll leave it now.

Comment

I wouldn't judge this game or the server based off of what "the players on the other servers" think. For whatever reason, this game's highest appeal so far is toward those who care about their own stats the most. At least 5 of the top 15 servers as I type this message are power/fast rank servers, stating that fact in their name.

Juneau and others are 100% dead on with regard to the effect the tanks have had on the server. When we're trying to jumpstart it, some people hop in the tanks and start blasting everyone, often right as they spawn, and it has been driving other people away. I personally saw a round earlier this week on Downfall that started out with 10 players, 5v5, as we were trying to get her started. All we needed was another 4-6 players and it would have taken off. We gained a number of players throughout the round via new connections.

However, because of tank whoring on this very small player count, AT LEAST 5 players left the server within 10 minutes of the start of the round. Some of those new connections came on, played for a couple of minutes, died 4 times, and left--probably never to come back.

That round was at 8 total players when I got sick of what I was seeing and left to cool off a bit. I came back 5 minutes later, and there was ONE player left.

Is this what we want to see? Are tanks worth this? No. We need a larger player base before tanks become fun for most players--not just you Boby, not me as a noted tank whore, not ANY one individual. It's not about individuals, it's about the group meaning of fun, the sense of community and good times.

People leaving because 1 or 2 guys are having their fun at the expense of others, to their exclusive and utter selfishness, is not the Cain's Lair spirit. I would personally rather see this particular game fail than lose sight of that sense of community in a Cain's Lair server.

For this server to work, people are going to have to put in time to sit in the server and help it get going. I personally have not had a lot of time this month between the holidays and work, but when I can some in and spend some time, I'm not seeing much more than the same 3-4 CLR regulars trying to help out on the small counts. We're getting more help from a group of players new to the server, who aren't yet CLRs, than from many people here. It's always great to have new people, and we hope they join the forums soon, but we need your help too folks.

Anyway, that's enough on this for now. I'm sorry that some of you feel you need to stay away from the server because you don't have everything set the way you would like it, but keep in mind that's always been the way Cain's Lair works: settings are tweaked until something is found that benefits the MOST PEOPLE, and brings that sense of community into play. The Lair has never been about the individual, and it should not be now.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Fury View Post
                  teamwork what teamwork
                  cains setting up the maps for the TRACKSTARs i see
                  So much for team play
                  Hum, you must be playing at odd times then. Every time i'm on i'm relaying information to my teammates, and most of them use it to re-flank the enemy.

Oh, and these maps are too large to really get people running around in circles on the map, so good luck with the trackstars comment.
                  [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Well what you want me to tell you Rand? The tanks are fun , and if there us retards that cannot put in their equipment sticky grenades and anti tank explosives do we have to suffer? I just went to cainslair. joined in the middle of the round , and finished first with 53 frags. the most that opposite players had was 25. I cant enjoy my game at cains anymore. And its not only me. most of the regulars are coming because of the friends that they made. But my point is: taking down a tank is a chalange. removing the tanks is removing one of the things that makes me play , something that is givving me hard time. I dont really like playing with not really good players. And even a bad player with tank , make my game more interesting. Like this if the other team doesnt have some really good player the game have no more fun

Rand i have little group of people that play where i play aways , any game thats my closest friends Taratora , kebapche mbacteria. They are regulars in cains since the moment i came. But tell me Rand how i can come and help cain when i have very little pleasure from the game itself and most of it its coming from the people i know here? As much as i like them , after few minutes in the server with very limited options of the game since there is no more tanks i have to go. Otherwise ill start to hate COD5 in the way how i hated COD4 at the end. Nor chalanges in the game , no fun. And my main problem is that i really like the people here. Otherwise there is bunch of servers out there , but i wanted to play with people i know for long time.

Comment

Do tanks really mean that much? What if they just hadn't added them in the first place? Would you have boycotted the game?

If you really like the people here, as it's not hard as it's a great community, then couldn't you just overlook the lack of tanks like everybody else? Sure they're fun, but not when it's at the expense of killing the server.

The more we play on the server the higher the continuous player count will be. Cain will then almost certainly add the tanks back into the mix.

Comment

Why we have to "overlook the lack of tanks" Since they are there on first place i enjoy them. As i said ill play when there is a map without tanks. As soon there is a map with tanks ill leave. I am nobody at this server so my opinion doesnt mean anything. And trust me more people are going to leave as soon as they realize that there is no tanks. For example its a huge fun to have the tanks on roundhouse, how you can play this map without tanks? Or the huge maps that when you walk you have to press "W" for 2 minutes to reach the other team?

Comment

Well what you want me to tell you Rand? The tanks are fun , and if there us retards that cannot put in their equipment sticky grenades and anti tank explosives do we have to suffer? I just went to cainslair. joined in the middle of the round , and finished first with 53 frags. the most that opposite players had was 25. I cant enjoy my game at cains anymore. And its not only me. most of the regulars are coming because of the friends that they made. But my point is: taking down a tank is a chalange. removing the tanks is removing one of the things that makes me play , something that is givving me hard time. I dont really like playing with not really good players. And even a bad player with tank , make my game more interesting. Like this if the other team doesnt have some really good player the game have no more fun

Rand i have little group of people that play where i play aways , any game thats my closest friends Taratora , kebapche mbacteria. They are regulars in cains since the moment i came. But tell me Rand how i can come and help cain when i have very little pleasure from the game itself and most of it its coming from the people i know here? As much as i like them , after few minutes in the server with very limited options of the game since there is no more tanks i have to go. Otherwise ill start to hate COD5 in the way how i hated COD4 at the end. Nor chalanges in the game , no fun. And my main problem is that i really like the people here. Otherwise there is bunch of servers out there , but i wanted to play with people i know for long time.
                          Bobytt count the number of I's in that quote. I don't know if you ever participated in team sports in HS but a common quote is there is no I in team.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Well i just going to give you example.
                            I played The Castle and there was 20 people including me on the server. I went out when roundhouse start to post , and when i came back there was only 8 people including me left in the server.

People just want the tanks on the tank maps.

OK let me put it your way Duke.

We left the server (12 players) , since a tank map started and there was no tanks.

Comment

Lots of opinions, not enough answers.

Comment

?

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                                At least I think I have, let's play without tanks for a while ....

There back on i think can you turn them off it's so annoying 6v6 and one team have all tanks

Thanks,
                                bohica

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X