This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HC how about giving it a chance LOOSE rs timer

If the powers that be really want to give HC a chance to grow.
    Loose the respawn timer. I've seen people say they where tired of
    having to wait again and again.New people get tired if it VERY fast
    and don't come back..

I respectfully disagree. I think a spawn delay creates an incentive to stay alive, and helps to offset the effectiveness of the rushers.

As you and Phan and Rye so ably show, rushing can be a very effective strategy on the HC server. I think losing the spawn delay would throw the game balance to the rushers and it'll be more like the regular TDM server.

It might create more traffic, and I understand that's one of the main goals. But right now it's a great alternative. I hope we can keep it that way.

Comment

i think 3 seconds should be enough.

Comment

It also...

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
        I respectfully disagree. I think a spawn delay creates an incentive to stay alive, and helps to offset the effectiveness of the rushers.

As you and Phan and Rye so ably show, rushing can be a very effective strategy on the HC server. I think losing the spawn delay would throw the game balance to the rushers and it'll be more like the regular TDM server.

It might create more traffic, and I understand that's one of the main goals. But right now it's a great alternative. I hope we can keep it that way.
        It also makes it so you get killed, respawn to same gun sticking in face
        as they ran to opposite side respawns.

game balance by handycap? I've seen snipers rule maps? they next
        to get handycap??

But please don't use rushing as an example,I've also shown it gets ya killed more lol

with FF ON it will never be like TDM...
        Last edited by TheQuickster; 6 Sep 2008, 10:43 AM. Reason: best point

Comment

Well respawn sometimes gets me at 8 seconds for some reason and that is a bit much. Respawn time default if 5 seconds in HC. I don't mind geting it shorter so I can go run more. As for staying alive longer? That is a load of crap to say just everyone camp your asses off and wait for people to run into your claymores.

Comment

well, i can't really play in these server but i think is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck View Post

+1 you want to play without waiting thats the TDM server, the HC server is meant to be a differnet game experience
              [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
              [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
              [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Can I respectfully disagree with all of you?

and then agree?

Compromise here -- the re spawn clock shouldn't be so long.
                It should be 4 or 5 seconds.

The server quality is actually determined by the people- not the conditions.

Quick-- I think that people wouldn't notice junk like a spawn timer if we had a full community of friendly people.

I'm also going to invoke Murphy's Law on Game Servers--

People will always find something to complain about, no matter how perfect it is.

Comment

I'll throw in my 2 cents...

The only thing I really don't like about the HC server is the respawn timer. I hate sitting and waiting to get back to playing my game. It's already so different from the normal TDM server by having less people, easier kills (lower health), and such... it's already creates a more tactical situation than nade-fest/spawnkill reg TDM.

Even a shorter respawn timer would be great.

Comment

I dont really mind it. But if it was changed it would be ok.

-Recon

Comment

[QUOTE=K PhaNTOM;85321]Well respawn sometimes gets me at 8 seconds for some reason...QUOTE]

Team kill

Comment

Team kill

Comment

Originally posted by -413- View Post
                          I'll throw in my 2 cents...

The only thing I really don't like about the HC server is the respawn timer. I hate sitting and waiting to get back to playing my game. It's already so different from the normal TDM server by having less people, easier kills (lower health), and such... it's already creates a more tactical situation than nade-fest/spawnkill reg TDM.

Even a shorter respawn timer would be great.
                          +1

Comment

I can tell most of you would not like Counter-Strike.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

lol apache... Well I like a respawn timer for HC.... seeing as how when I play, I will kill someone and sprint to their spawn as fast as i can to kill them there..... it would suck for an instant respawn. ive played on instant respawn HC servers and I would kill someone then they would appear beside me and I die

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X