No announcement yet.

Eyewitness Report From The Frontlines: Hardcore Server -- Aug12th at 8pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyewitness Report From The Frontlines: Hardcore Server -- Aug12th at 8pm EST

Last night there was an epic battle that occured for several hours, with teams of ten or more facing off to claim such prizes and "Dougies Little Haji-Mart".

In the beginning, the Marines faced heavy resistence though lead by notables such as J. Rico, T. Phantom, A. Hammy, and many many others. Casualities were very high in the first two minutes, with the opposition laying down a Helicopter and two airstrikes.

It was then that noted hero Nailik stated "Oh my god, they are shooting at us" and we realized that he was more than a casualty, he was pointing his gun the wrong way.

Anyways, team comm broke out immediately, Whereby it was agreed to fall back to higher ground and take positions in the back of the map and let the little terrorist bastards come to us. And they came.....

After clearing the first two waves, we quickly advanced down the hill to the back of some blown out buildings where Rico, Nailik and I cleared out the snipers who were shooting down the middle street of this map. Laying down claymores and defensive positions around the backs of both sides of the street, we were aided by the fellowship of T. Phantom, and his generous bloodbath supplying UAV after UAV.

They would come left, and we would mow them down. They would come right, more of the same. Communication was high, the enemy spirit was low.
    However, the fun was so much to be had that it stayed the same through 3 rounds with both sides taking heavy loss totals and having rapid fun.

My question to you, if you have read through this entire post, is what are you waiting for if you havent tried the Cainslair Hardcore server? Friendly Fire reflection is on, so you better think twice before you spawn spam nade scat. There are some really fast people at the spawn, and you have a better chance of dying randomly if you throw that nade without knowing where your team is. HOWEVER, max two bullet to take down insures that someone WILL go down if you meet an enemy. The focus is on accuracy and control, conservation of ammuntion and tactical/strategic control of choke points on the map so that you limit your losses and increase the chances of winning.

At the same time, it's all a crap shoot- its war after all, and anything can happen here.....

See you all in there tonight. I log in at 9pm EST and can be found there until the server dies or 2am EST.

Reporting from the Haji Mart in downtown Cameldump, this is Hammy with the Cains Lair News Network (CLNN).

LOL I beat you to it Hammy here even though urs is much more descriptive and as funny as hell!!!!

Comment

Good read Hammy, I was laughing all the way through. That story should liven the server up a bit!

Comment

That was GREAT Hammy !!!

Loved it !!

We need more posts like this one..

Comment

lol nice one Hammy!

it's sad i can't come late now... I can play from 7 to 8 or 8:30.

Or when i have my day off like TODAY

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
            It was then that noted hero Nailik stated "Oh my god, they are shooting at us" and we realized that he was more than a casualty, he was pointing his gun the wrong way.
            I read it every time i come in here and it is still funny...

Comment

nice Hammy

Comment

I'm there now, will be waiting....

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                  Reporting from the Haji Mart in downtown Cameldump, this is Hammy with the Cains Lair News Network (CLNN).
                  I like it man... that's catchy.

edit: btw, i'll be in there tonight...
                  [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Hammy, we love you
                    You are the official Anchor for the CLNN CoD4 HC!
                    I'm on now

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X