X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems w/ Punkbuster handshaking.exe

Hey guys

Not sure if on right post or not.

Since the new patch or latest one I've been unable to play cause of Handshaking.exe. Sometimes it goes away and I've been playing for at least a month now.......then it comes back.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled PB.......updated it......and it's still the same friking thing and it's gettin to a point where

Should I just uninstall and reinstall...thought I'd check with you guys first.

I've went through all the punkbuster problems post...with no luck.

SgtRock

If you're going to uninstall and re-install the game, make sure you have a back-up of your profile so you don't have to re-rank up again.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I don't know...it updated pb and now its workin again

I know about the profile...she's on my mem stick

Thx Gene!

Comment

I have the same problem. Makes me so mad. I just wanna shoot my comp.

Comment

I had this problem last night. Just go into your Administrative Tools, and go to Services. Scroll down till you see PnkBstrA and it should be started and Automatic. See if PnkBstrB is also there. If it is, make sure it's started and Automatic. If it's not, find your Punkbuster folder (mine's Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/pb/), and run pbsvc. Then go back to Services and see if PnkBstrB is running and set to Automatic.

This is what I did, I don't know if you might have some more steps (uninstall/delete then reinstall pbsvc or anything).

OH! I *did* go to evenbalance.com and download pbsvc, which was apparently a larger file than my old pbsvc that came when I installed the game, so try that, too.

I've had problems with Punkbuster two times, and both times, it was because PnkBstrB was not set to Automatic and was not Started.

Comment

just read that you had fixed it... guess i should read the whole thread and not just skim it. Hopefully anyone else who has this problem can get some use out of my post.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X