• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awaiting key code authorization

thats what it says when i try to get in
    then connection times out
    any help?

I get this sometimes but it just prolongs the connection time slightly. I've never had a time out with it. How often is it happening?

Comment

The following are console commands that may help improve network and gaming performance. If you do not know what the "console" is, then go read the COD public forums. The console is opened from your game by hitting the ~ key below the ESC key. All console command start with a "/" key (to the left of the shift key)

Connections
      1) Reduce number of failed connections to server:
      - /cl_connectionattempts 30 (or 60)
      - /cl_connectiontimeout 500 (increases the amount of time that you PC attempts to connect to a server before it quits trying.)
      This is from an earlier posting.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

that worked for me a few weeks ago, but if u still got that, and the attempts are 60, then u have waisted 5 mins of your time on that screen... but they fixed that in 1.6, just open the console, type in "/disconnect" and then open your own server, password it, play for seconds and get back out and join the real game... that's what i do sometimes. and if it still won't work, then restart the computer and try again, keeping on trying wont help, it makes it worst... hope that helps, it happens to me a lot for some reason.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X