R700 woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R700 woes...

For the love of god I can't hit anything with the R700. I have all the other sniper rifles maxed out but I don't even have Marksmanship I for the R700.

I've been trying all day with this hunk of junk.

mapes is in the market for a secondhand R700 for his wife.

Comment

Well since I bought my IRL R700 (BTW the ACIS stock is back ordered) I've exclusively played with the venerable Remington in COD4 and I've maxed it out.

There is a reason the US has used this as the main sniping platform from the Vietnam conflict to present. However in game....

I didn't have any real issues with it except rate of fire. I'd go with the perk list of

Stopping power
      Iron Lugs
      and whatever you want. I think I have claymores.

This rifle is not like the Barrett where you can panic shoot at close opponents. It is almost impossible to use to get unscoped kills. (IRL and in game they're are NO iron sights on this baby)

With stopping power you can get allot of 1 shot kills easily. That might help at first.

Also you really have to play the snipe game. Find an area where you can focus just on that spot and don't have to watch out for counter snipers from other angles. There are a couple of em scattered about the maps.

Cause the reload is long you'll also have to do the pop out, shoot, pop in, reload dance.

I also find that in some sniping spots that target areas where your quarry has to climb through a window or over something are great. Then you don't even have to hold you breath. because your target is slowed down enuff that when they're sighted you have plenty of time to hold breath and fire. This also leaves you more time looking through the glass to acquire more targets.

Lastly claymores or a powerful side arm. No silenced side arm cause again the reload on the R700 is long your going to want to switch to that fast.

Also of note unscope often and check your 6 or radar.

Hows that theres some ideas for you.

Good R700 snipe spots on some maps

Overgrown Russian side,far upper/left map, behind box, gets you shots at bridge, edge of house on bridge.

Strike Opfor, on Opfor side at T intersect of road is a small bricked up alleyway with 2 G-cans in it. This is my fav spot. Depending on which side of the alley way your on you really only have to worry about the 2nd story window by statue...if you move ontop of cans then you only have to worry about the USA spawn behind Dumpster. I've had complete squads run by me by the market stalls and not look in to the alley.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post
        mapes is in the market for a secondhand R700 for his wife.
        Actually I got here a Savage .17 HMR rifle already

Comment

Most folks don't know it but there are two R700s in game. The M40 begins life as an R700 and is then modified by the US Marine Core for their purposes.

I have pretty much mastered an unsteady shot (no lungs needed) but the R700 defies this method in game and you must rely on lungs.

I can hit just about anything with the M40.

Comment

The Sniper section is the only one i've completed in this game. All the rifles are pretty much the same to me.

Comment

I think I got it.

Just went 48/17 and had an 18 kill streak with only R700 kills.

There is a "trick" to the unsteady shot just like all the others sniper rifles, it just took me a while to figure it out. Lungs are worthless, I like to use something else as it just takes up a perc slot (at least for me because I rairly use steady aim). Once I realized what I was doing wrong it just "clicked" and the kills started rolling in.

I think I will stick with the M40 though. The R700 has low ammo and is too twitchy for "every day use" (for me anyhow).

Comment

Originally posted by Shazbot View Post
                Most folks don't know it but there are two R700s in game. The M40 begins life as an R700 and is then modified by the US Marine Core for their purposes.

I have pretty much mastered an unsteady shot (no lungs needed) but the R700 defies this method in game and you must rely on lungs.

I can hit just about anything with the M40.
                Correct the M40 is the USMC SWS (Sniper Weapon System) and the M24 is the US Army's SWS. The Army's SWS has a HS precision stock and the USMC has a Mcmillian A4 Stock with a Badger Ordinance bottom metal.

The USMC are based on the Remington 700 308 short action and the US Army is based on the long action. I actually think the R700 is based off the most popular law enforcement SWS which is the Remington 700PSS which has a huge cult following

Comment

Friend from Nam had over 30 confirmed sniper kills with that rifle.

So Shazbot, what was the "Fix" for this?
                  ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I can use it... I find it has HORRIBLE recoil patterns when holding breath if you hold your breath and instantly shoot you get the sort of pattern for a scope as when you hold your breath too long, it's bloody annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                      Friend from Nam had over 30 confirmed sniper kills with that rifle.

So Shazbot, what was the "Fix" for this?

Was he in the Army or the Marines? USMC used short action .308. US Army used Long Action 30-06

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X