Your FAAVorite setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seiko View Post
    semi-auto shotgun (the non pump action one). Fewer rounds sure, but you'll reload so fast that you won't even notice it.
    Oh, for any shotty I always have sleight of hand, and personally the autoshotty really irritates me.... dont know why but ive never gotten used to it

Comment

my two favs are
      auto shotty,3xfrag,stopping power and marty.
      second is mp5 with 3xfrag,stopping power and marty.an interesting one to try is 50 cal with steady aim,stopping power and bandolier.(fun killing people shooting from the hip with a 50)

Comment

Jeffro why stoppin power on shotty? its 1 hit anyways

Also, a new setup... I swear when it comes to kits I'm, to quote Trooper, "A crack addicted 6 year old on ritalin with intense ADD and around 7 energy drinks" (i extended that a bit )

M1014 w/ red dot, bandolier, sleight of hand, and EC... I am gettin good stuff with this, and also a new control thanks to TK through Deacon

Left mouse knife (oh sweet speed of it!)
        Right mouse Aim
        Mouse Wheel shoot (freakin fully automatic single shot weapons ftw!!!)

I mowed Trooper down earlier today with a pistol, got a full clip (of the .45 with the big clip) into him before he pulled his gun.... it rocks with single shot on it, any gun with single shot... Takes it and puts P90 or higher RoF on it

Comment

I may have to try that mouse set-up Naillik. Sounds like a fun one. Especially with say a Deagle, or M21... or .50 w/ double tap!
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I've tried all the guns and all the setups and the two I keep coming back to are:

Stealth
            MP5 with Silencer, Stun, 3x Frag, UAV Jammer, Extreme Conditioning
            • The MP5 does incredible damage even without Double Tap/Stopping Power.
            • Once I learned how to cook and place a grenade with accuracy, I found frags to be much more useful than stuns/flashbangs.
            • On the large servers I play on, Dead Silence isn't necessary because of all the noise going on at all times.

CQC
            M1014 with Red Dot, Stun, 3x Frag, Juggernaut, Martyrdom
            • I find the M1014 better than the pump shotgun in those "oh s***" situations or when taking on multiple targets (e.g. clearing a room).
            • Juggernaut helps me stay alive when I'm clearing out rooms, and compensates for not being able to move as fast as my Stealth build.
            • Marty is perfect for up-close-and-personal fighting, if I find myself seriously outnumbered I'll drop my stun before I die, preventing enemies from getting away before Marty takes 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko View Post
              I may have to try that mouse set-up Naillik. Sounds like a fun one. Especially with say a Deagle, or M21... or .50 w/ double tap!

Does double tap work for single shots?

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik View Post
                Does double tap work for single shots?
                Don't recall, but it would be worth a shot... no pun intended.

Comment

lol, I'm pretty sure it doesn't, I'll be testing out some new setups tonight, I'll share later

Comment

i use stopping power on a shotty,because i have shot a couple of people twice and they killed me.its not a one shot unless u hit em dead center.especially if they use juggernaut.with stopping power,every one dies from one shot if your close enough.

Comment

Found a greanew thing, THE ACOG!
                      Me and rye were doin pretty good last night, him with an AK47 with ACOG, me with M16..... Gonna try out G36c tonight with it

Comment

the acog is alright, on certain guns. ill agree with the m16, but g36.. i'd rather use the red dot sight with bando, double tap and deep impact

Comment

The Acog is okay if you are a more relaxed player. If you are the run-n-gun type then it is more annoying than anything else.

We keep forgetting here that your setup .. no matter what it is... will always HAVE TO reflect your style of playing.

One: Personally, if I found myself to need an Acog, I'd have to plan on sitting back and shooting over distances. If this were the case then why not use a sniper rifle? The ACOG sways and cannot be steadied by hitting the shift key like a sniper kit can.

Two: If you could use the Acog with a SILENCED weapon, then it would make more sense to even HAVE the Acog in the game. You could snipe undetected but then the gun would have to be less powerful so that there WOULD be a need for a sniper rifle. In other words.. ALL the guns would have to be modified so that a sniper rifle would still serve its purpose.

Three: You will find yourself not being able to aim down the sights of the gun in close quarters combat and will either need the overkill perk or rely on picking up a secondary weapon every time you spawn. More times than not, you will find yourself killing more people who are close range than you will farther away.

Not only these three things, but I don't see the need to want to snipe and not be able to wear a Ghille suit.. hence the other reason to pick a sniper kit. The only reason I'd imagine a gun with an Acog is a good option is if I wanted a FULLY automatic weapon with a scope on it. Then you have to worry about recoil and shooting in bursts which defeats the purpose anyway.

That's just my Two!

So what is the purpose for the ACOG Reflex sight?

~~mike~~

Comment

Actually Mike, the ACOG with the RPD is a fairly decent set-up if you want to defend an area at a distance. Put on stopping power and deep impact and you've got yourself a high capacity, high RoF weapon with decent accuracy. Just lead your target...

Comment

I agree.

Like I said, the only reason for the ACOG that I can see is if I wanted a FULLY AUTO rifle with a scope on it.

Then the recoil plays a factor due to the fact that your pattern goes to hell if you squeeze off more than 2-3 rounds at a time. If you fire more than that, you're doing the same thing as if you DIDN'T have the scope on the gun because we all know the rounds are likely to hit at least 3 feet apart at even a short to medium distance. At greater distances you're limited to the number of rounds that are accurate, anyways, so the farther away the target, the lesser rounds you will need to fire to be effective.

Providing cover fire is one animal and trying to use a cover fire weapon accurately is a totally different species.

Something this game REALLY lacks is the respective trajectory of the game's weapons.
                              Last edited by -IRC-MIKE; 9 May 2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

ACOG single shots - they suckkkk,, unless its an M14

I took out a group of 5-6 people from across map on Overgrown today with an ACOG M4..... it rocked

I found a basic perk setup for ACOG's.... Bandolier, Stopping poweer, Deep penetration..... I really like it

And the ACOG for me just seems to find the head more often that red dot or iron sight... so yea.... it rocks for the challenges

ACOG on a sniper = Useful, surprisingly! I like to sprint, strafe, shoot with a bolt action siper with na ACOG at close range.. I got quite a few 1 shot 2 kkills with it.. With an ACOG, the RoF is faster, reload time is quicker, and Scoping time is shorter

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X