Some complaints about console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some complaints about console

The consoles welcoming messages are nice and all, it's great to be able to say hey to someone you know popping on, but some people are getting annoyed at it... told em I'd put in a word so here I am

while i agree that it is pleasant to be greeted, my current system requires me to run with a resolution of 800X600, so the barrage of welcomes eats up a third of my display, and its a little hard to play like that. it also makes it difficult to catch any real messages, as after a few minutes, i have to try to ignore all of that text scrolling by to maintain a semblance of sanity and any chance of actually focusing on the game i came to play.....

if there was a way to make the greetings appear to just the individual they are for, rather than everyone subjected to every greeting.... that would help a lot i think, at least make it a little less spammish.

just my 2 cent,
    one of the annoyed

Comment

1440x900...

I didn't even know it was there....

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
        1440x900...

I didn't even know it was there....
        1680x1050

me either
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

would there be a way to disable these client side as it would seem that customizing this to display only for the player entering would be a bit of a task.
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

yeah, i know most of ya gots uber 1337 computers........

just keep that in mind the next time i kill ya

Comment

Yea I think it gives a nice touch but Ive had a few people complain to me about it too...especially the beginning of rounds when it welcomes everyone at once

Comment

people are just exaggerating now. i dont have a problem with this at all.

1280x1024 here.
                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Yea is does take some getting use to...But don't bother me that much!

Comment

The only thing is that who ever entered in the welcome message needs to brush up on regex

Comment

Hell, I'm running the game at only 800x600 and it doesn't bother me at all. I have to make myself pay attention to chat sometimes or I won't notice someone is talking to me. I guess if you spend time looking around at all the pretty COD4 real estate then it might be a problem, but my primary focus is on that crosshair in the dead center of my screen that has YOUR HEAD in it.

The messages that come up in all different colors are somewhat more noticable but not to the point where it affects my gameplay.

Comment

Doesn't bother me either. And i'm normally one of the first into the server so i get to see all the welcome messages. I did notice a typo in the message though. "Welcome to Cain/'s Lair"?

Comment

sheesh, i guess im all alone on this.... and i didnt even start the thread.

anyway, i still say its annoying. so

Comment

i'm sure if I dropped it down to 800x600 it would bother me. that's why I suggested the ability to disable these client side.
                            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I'm sure that there is always going to be someone who is controlling that would like something done to accommodate them.

**Shrugs**

There is no answer- so we should leave it as is.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X