So COD4 is the place to be, eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So COD4 is the place to be, eh?

Hey all. I stopped playing shortly before the demise of 2142 and haven't done much FPS, but I'm being pushed to try COD4.

So I came here and it seems to be the game you're all playing.

How good of a game is it?

Most love it. I love the shottie. Come join us and stand in front of me.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hey Nico.

Just try not to get frusterated with the amount of times you're going to explode unexpectedly and you'll be fine lol.

It is a fun game though. Just alot of grenades flying this way and that...but you'll get used to it.

Imp

Comment

Yea its a great change of pace from the BF series...Im sure you'll really enjoy it

Comment

As Imp says, do not get frustrated with how much you die. I normally finish each round with a 1:1 ratio it's very lucky if my kills are way above my deaths.

Apart from that it's a whole lotta fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            Most love it. I love the shottie. Come join us and stand in front of me.
            Apache
            **high Fives Apache**

I'm a shotty convert now- nothing like jumping off a roof or through a window and putting one in 4 people in 2 shots

Comment

Keep in mind that you are starting out at level 1, and everyone else is a maxed out lvl 55 with full perks and gear. You will get your butt kicked frequently and endlessly.
              I didn't start to feel that I had a chance until I was around lvl 18 or so, and you are stuck with the MP5 if you choose the LMG class. For an open map, having a shotty is useless, as most battles are out of your effective range.
              But when you get a chance, grab a dropped weapon and use that. The P90 is a great weapon, altho it eats bullets like candy. The RPD is my favorite gun for its all around qualities .. its good at range and up close.
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I use it on Overgrown all the time. It is an open map. I just use juggernaut and rush to get in behind them.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

nico i will be there waiting for u......thy.....moe

Comment

Originally posted by moe View Post
                    nico i will be there waiting for u......thy.....moe
                    In a blood-spattered pink tutu

Anyways, try using the M4 first... it has ok dmg, ok RoF, ok mag. Of course, you can always go for the SAW which launches woodchips faster than any other gun in the game.

But above all, HAVE FUN! Its the only thing that can keep you sane playing this game...

Comment

I really like the M4. It works pretty good, especially if you aim around the shoulders.
                      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

I'm maxed out also, but die easily and messily.
                        The KNIFE doesn't change with no. of kills, and is idiot proof.

If there is someone I just HAVE to kill, I've then got a mission.
                        K/D's don't mean anything then, just getting that TOON.

It is SO satisfying to see
                        "You Killed Blackarrow"
                        "You Killed The Needle"
                        "You Killed ........"

You get the picture.
                        Don't get wrapped up in the K/D's, at least at first. Just have FUN.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

You might wanna think about about remapping your knife key to something on the mouse. Soooooooo much easier that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                            You might wanna think about about remapping your knife key to something on the mouse. Soooooooo much easier that way.
                            agreed, I use the middle mouse button

the m4 with stopping power is my favorite weapon

Comment

I Love It.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X