Sharing the LOVE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing the LOVE.

I hate to say it, but, I gotta share the love.

I can't get anything out of playing the same map every 20 minutes (Time flies when you're having fun) and some maps have been removed (ALREADY?) from the rotation and I am seeking change. There is nothing wrong with anything here, only me seeking a little something different.

I quit playing COD4 for a segment to give WoW a try. I love WoW, but after playing COD again tonight, it was like a kid with a new toy. It re-kindled that ole flame and I never knew how much I missed the edge-of-your-seat excitement. I owe it all to you guys.

I am not going to stop playing here, of course, but from now on I'll play until the rotation is repeating, and then I'll skip a few rounds.

Look forward to kickin your azz soon!

~~mike~~

No offense intended.

I remember when I could play for 6-8 hours straight and just start seeing the same maps.

Comment

With so few maps loaded atm I'd say the point total should be upped. If we're only running 3-4 maps in a rotation why not? It does get a little old when a rotation only lasts about 40 mins and then repeats.

Imp

Comment

Gets old quick. I understand why most of the ladies and gents here don't like certain maps, but like I saw somewhere else " I bought the game and paid for ALL the maps with it " .... not that this is my attitude, but it just ... well it gets old... QUICK. Plain and simple.

Comment

I had some of this discussion with Mike a little while ago. I love Cain's Lair. Everything is awesome. I love the people, the attitude, nothing is wrong with it.

I just am in this same camp, as far as wanting more maps. I was all excited when a while back Cain had mentioned having all maps because the other major servers play all maps.

I understand about wanting the popular maps for the casual players, such. I just really like all the maps, and miss playing some of them. I miss maps like District, since I haven't played that in FOREVER. Or when Bog was on, and we had Ambush for like 2 seconds. Countdown. I'd even go for a quick Shipment round. I also happen to like Wetworks.

Now I understand Shipment and Wetworks are like, the ones people hate most, so I can see not putting them on there (only I'd be sad ), but There are so many good maps that we aren't playing

Pretty please, consider? lol, I was talking about it and saying, I will so donate tons of cash for more maps.

Comment

I tried running all the maps and it almost emptied the server.

I also tried adding many of the other ones, and that too almost emptied the server.

I will bet that if I ran all maps and it emptied the server that you two would no be willing to sit in there for hours at a time with nobody to shoot at, while trying to jumpstart the server.

Comment

Hey man, I didn't mean for it to come across like that. I'm sorry if it seemed like it. I am still a CLR die hard, and I understand what the objective is here by keeping EVERYBODY happy. I am happy playing ALL of the maps that we/you have in rotation. I LOVE every single one of them, and I love ALL the rest of the maps just as much. I LOVE playing on CLR and I have been and will always be willing to be satisfied with keeping the server at its maximum potential. The last thing I want is for you to get angry because of my desire to change up a little bit. I can just keep my eye on another server and hop on it when one of the other maps come up and then back to CainsLair servers when it is a map that is in the rotation. I am truly sorry if this came across the wrong way. You have been doing this LONGER than I have and you have ALWAYS done a great job at keeping the servers active and I have no complaints with it. I WISH the server would stay populated with the other maps in the rotation but the numbers don't lie. There are, however, servers that have all the maps that do stay populated, too, but the regulars here are here maybe because they don't like what the other servers have in their rotation.

I shouldn't have even said anything and I'm sorry. I said a couple things that I meant but I should have just kept them to myself.

I'm sorry.

~~mike~~

Comment

Don't want to beat a dead horse here....

Cain has a very good point. I personally loved having the extra maps, but I also noticed the server was hanging around 40-45 range instead of the 50 norm. And then sometimes I notice the server would dip really low. Then the other day it was completely empty and had to be jump started.

Originally posted by Cain
                I will bet that if I ran all maps and it emptied the server that you two would no be willing to sit in there for hours at a time with nobody to shoot at, while trying to jumpstart the server.
                This was something a bunch of us were talking about lastnight.

The amount of hours a bunch of us have spent filling the server. If you checked my BF2 stats I have 412 hours logged in game. I bet you that over a hundred of them are jumpstarting hours and that is just me... You have to count a lot of us admins and even a bunch of the older regs that haven't been around lately. One guy I used to play with threw up his own BF2 server after Cain's went down and he logged over 400 hours in the first month trying to get his server going. Its full all the time now but it took him and a load of other guys many hours of just sitting and shooting at walls to get the fun started.

Not try to say your bad guy or that you don't understand. You just need to realize that once you find a jibe then you need to stick with it. That way when other server crash burn and die. You are still on top of the hill.

Comment

I normally take a break once I see a map I already played after the session I played.

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                    I normally take a break once I see a map I already played after the session I played.
                    Yeah, me too. I started spectating every few rounds and poking fun at -413- and then hopping back into the action. We had some really good laughs.

Comment

No need to apologize Mike, I'm not upset, but I know how these things go after 10 years of running servers, and trust me, getting bored with maps while having a full server is much more fun than having new exciting maps to play all by yourself !!

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
                        Yeah, me too. I started spectating every few rounds and poking fun at -413- and then hopping back into the action. We had some really good laughs.
                        big meanie :P

That was the first time I'd seen you on, that was fun! Come in more often. At least more often when I'm on. :P

And I'm sorry, too Cain :P

but you know I have just as much fun when it's 6 of us playin as it is when there' 50 of us. (I get to knife you a bunch when there's only 6 )

I'll have fun no matter what. I just miss some of the other maps is all but I'll deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                          I tried running all the maps and it almost emptied the server.
                          That's a shame, I sometimes play on some of the other big servers that run every (or almost every) map and the numbers are steady no matter what map's being played. Even the slowest map on Cain's takes what, 5 minutes to go through? I think some people have developed ADD since the old days of 60 minute stalemates in UT2k4!

Thanks for trying anyway Cain.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X