Not Impressed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Impressed....

I had hopes that COD4 would fill the void after BF2 but I wasn't impressed. No Vehicles, tiny maps,.......oh well, I guess I'll keep looking for that next game. The Single player isn't too bad...I loved the AC-130 scenerio.

Yeah, the tiny maps bother me at times as well as the lack of vehicles. That's why I've started playing Project Reality again, completely 180? from COD4, but still fun. To each his own, I still enjoy a good round or two of COD4, but it just doesn't hold my attention like other games.

Comment

I agree with you, nothing can ever replace BF2... except maybe BF3?

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
        Would be nice for a BF3

Comment

I found all the BF games to be slow as hell, even though I liked the large maps and the vehicles. Did you ever try UT2k4's Onslaught mode? Big maps, great vehicles AND fast action!

Comment

Originally posted by Karson
            I found all the BF games to be slow as hell, even though I liked the large maps and the vehicles. Did you ever try UT2k4's Onslaught mode? Big maps, great vehicles AND fast action!
            I agree. BF2 was good but UT2K4 was just something else.

Comment

Re: Not Impressed....

Well, the action is a lot more fast paced and you die a lot, but maybe it'll grow on you? You know, a lot of people who start out playing the game on the CLR 50 player server are a little... overwhelmed? by the insanity and speed. You're probably going to log on and just die a lot, which is no fun. You might try, just for a bit, a server with only ~10-20 players. You'll find the action is a little slower, you can learn the maps... etc.

However...

Originally posted by MR_MADHATTER
              No Vehicles, tiny maps,.......
              Yeah, you're definitely not the first person to be disappointed that this game isn't like BF2. I know that since tons of CLRs are playing COD4 it makes you want to get the game... I just feel bad you bought it because we could have told ya it wasn't like BF2 at all...

I guess maybe we (myself included) do tend to say "Yeah man it's great. This is the next big thing... Come on over the water's fine" and "If you liked BF2 this is different, but you'll like it!" and I think that's lead several people to get the game who haven't enjoyed it.

Comment

I DO like COD4, and until something comes that rocks Cain's boat
                more, then COD4 it is.

Frontlines: Fuel of War demo is coming out soon.

Looks Really Really good, but time will tell.
                Supposedly 64 player count? and ARMOR.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                  Originally posted by Karson
                  I agree. BF2 was good but UT2K4 was just something else.
                  Same here.
                  UT2k4 It had a great mix of weapons, twitch, vehicles and strategy, plus the mod community was awesome.
                  BF2 was good, but it felt like I was fighting out of a tub of molasses
                  [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                  So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

UT2k4 had the unfortunate effect of splitting the gaming community between ONS and CTF, and neither side gave the other any slack when it came down to it. I personally hate vehicles in any game, so you know where I was.

Same with BF2 ... you guys couldn't pay me a monthly stipend to play that atrocious piece of garbage. I see it held up to these lofty standards and snicker, but thats my opinion and it won't change.

I hate dying as often as I do in CoD4, but thats the game style, where even Dris, Carbon and Needle get smoked once in a while. But as far as gameplay, I can say I'll get my $$ worths out of CoD4, and thats what I want.

Gone are the days when 75% of the Lair is playing one game, but it was quite a fun time when everybody saw the same friends every night. It was a tighter community because of that, but thats just the way it is now.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I loved Battlefield...cept that its friggin resource hog...COD you can ALT Tab out and back in without a problem.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X