Cain's Lair doesnt like my PB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain's Lair doesnt like my PB

I think my pb has a version conflict with the server. I tried to play on a couple of random servers and my pb seems fine. So, looks like you guys are safe from me till the pb issues i have with this server is resolved

I saw you on last night (briefly). If it is borked like mine was, you are disconnected within two minutes of being on the server.
    I even started tailing you, figuring I was fairly safe hanging around you, but lost you within 10 seconds.

Only thing to say is to make sure you've followed the sticky on the PB issues
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I assume you did a manual update?

Comment

Aquatine, can you please post a screenshot of the exact error you are getting ???

Comment

His problem sounds similar to mine, heres a shot of what's happening to me:

Happens after 2 minutes of being connected to either server, every time (and no other server). This AFTER doing several manual updates on a clean install.

Comment

PunkBuster kicks me for INIT FAILURE, what does that mean?

Usually, this message means your PB is not working properly. You should run our PBSETUP program to make sure your PB is up to date.
            However, we have recently discovered that some broadband routers routinely drop OOB (Out of Band) packets for no apparent reason. Since all PB packets are OOB, these routers can actually block PB's communication (again for no apparent reason). To determine if the router is the cause of this problem for you, remove the router and connect directly to the internet. If you are able to play this way, then the cause is very likely the router.
            Based on user feedback, the following router brands/models are reported to have problems. Not necessarily all models of a brand might be affected, and the list is in no way complete but it can give you a few hints. Also, we do not claim that our list below shows the only solution to fix your issue, nor that it will fix it for sure even though it has worked for others. It could very well be that changing some settings in your router could help as well. Contacting the company directly might help you as well.

* Linksys - possible solution: Use firmware 1.44.2
            * Motorola - possible solution: Update to latest firmware
            * Netgear - possible solution: Disable SPI (statefull packet inspection)

Comment

I am getting the same error that carbonfire posted. I am not on a router or anything. I am on a direct connection to the internet. My PB issues started only when I did a full reinstall. Also, I get this pb error from both the HQ and TDM server. On the other servers I tried, I did not get kicked. I also ran pbsetup and grabbed the *.htm files for CoD4. Still no dice.

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention I ran the pb test utility that comes on the COD 4 disc, I am able to connect to the PB servers fine.

Comment

Yeah I saw Carbon get PB'ed and was like Hacker....lol
                  [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I hope this get resolved soon. I dont play on any other servers except this one. The few minutes I spent on random servers testing pb didnt count :P

Comment

Hope your back soon guys. I don't feel I'm getting my daily allowance of butt whoopin's without you both here (Although everyone else is definately trying to take up the slack). 'Sides, on a CLR server I like to see a CLR on the top line of the score page. I got the bottom slot covered.

Comment

Oh, I will be back, when this pb issue gets resolved. I have no idea whats causing it. Rather annoying when I cant log on to my favorite stomping ground

Comment

Aquatine, is that the same error you are getting, the one Carbon posted ????

Comment

Please be sure to follow this step-by-step procedure:

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
                            This is a tutorial I have created for another website for those interested or having trouble with PB.

HOW TO FIX COMFAIL AND OTHER PUNKBUSTER RELATED ERRORS IN CALL OF DUTY FOUR .... Call of Duty 4 .... COD4 (for search engines)

Right now you might want to hold down your CTRL key and strike the " D " key to add this to your favorites.

Let's Begin

STEP ONE:
                            THIS FILE is from evenbalance's website, a program named pbsvc.exe. First thing you will need to know is that you may have to run this on multiple occasions because sometimes when you reboot your computer or exit the game improperly, vista is all screwy and you may get the COMFAIL error at a future date... for whatever reason... so here is the file.... you may choose to download or run it .. whatever... save it to desktop... just do it.

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

STEP TWO:
                            RUN THE FILE. The file will stop running at ONE POINT and wait for you to click "NEXT". After running the file, you should have NO ERRORS when it says "FINISHED". IF you have an error, then your punkbuster is not installed correctly or files are missing. You will know you have an error because when the "FINISHED" button becomes clickable there is a confirmation box that pops up and says "Tests completed successfully without any errors.".

If you DO see the prompt that says "Tests completed successfully without any errors", then skip down to STEP FIVE.

If you do not see the prompt that says "Tests completed successfully without any errors", then you have an error and you missed it while you were picking your nose or eating the booger.. Proceed to STEP THREE.

STEP THREE:
                            You had errors. OK no big deal. NOW, your punkbuster is having problems communicating with a punkbuster enabled server. You should now download this file:

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...ws/pbsetup.exe

AFTER YOU RUN THIS FILE, it will INSTALL punkbuster to your pc. It may say something like "since this is the first time you have run pbsetup, it needs to check for updates"... click ok and let it.

Click I AGREE to the eula when it pops up and then you will get a confirmation popup that says "Punkbuster will now restart". Click ok.

The EULA will pop up again and click "I AGREE". NOW we are getting close.
                            You will now see a box with a title for Punkbuster v2.7 (currently) and there are no games listed in the box. OF COURSE you must click on the "ADD A GAME" button.

A dialog box will pop up. Out beside the word "GAME" there is a blank field with a drop down arrow. CLICK IT! Find Call of Duty 4 in the drop down. Select it and click OK. PAY ATTENTION GIRLS and stop wafting your farts from your crotch to your face!

NOW you should not have a blank box anymore and you should see Call of Duty 4 in the box. If you don't .. you're not paying attention and you'll stand a better chance of wiping your butt with a bed sheet, so start over. For those of you who miraculously made it this far, CLICK ON Call of Duty 4 so that it is highlighted in this box and then click on the "CHECK FOR UPDATES" button above it.

Punkbuster Setup will NOW restart because you've just updated to version 3.0. Click the OK button. Click I agree to the EULA once again.

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS TRICKY so don't try to unbunch your panties just yet. Once you agree to the EULA punkbuster will now restart, except it still says version 2.7 in the title bar, BUT you should still have COD4 in this box. You could keep going on and on by highlighting COD4 and clicking on "Check for Updates" but it will do the same thing.. over ... and over again. SO NOW what you will want to do is click on the button that says "QUIT" and proceed to STEP FOUR.

STEP FOUR:
                            Congratulations! If you are still alive at this point. You will need to START AT STEP ONE again of this tutorial. If you get stuck and have a FAILED error when running the pbsvc.exe (NOT PBSETUP.EXE !) AGAIN then you will need to go to evenbalance's website and submit a support ticket here:

http://evenbalance.com/troubleticket....php?game=cod4

If you have to do so, you may even submit a link to this thread with your ticket and they may or may not look it over. You will not need to proceed to any further steps in this tutorial unless your assumptions are correct, and you screwed it up on the first try.

STEP FIVE:
                            IF you ran the file named "pbsvc.exe" (NOT PBSETUP.EXE !) and saw a confirmation box that says "finished without any errors", then you should IMMEDIATELY reboot your computer, and then once rebooted, you should be able to open the game and play without error.

SIDE NOTE
                            IF you ever exit the game improperly, or your computer crashes while playing, you will probably have to re-run the "pbsvc.exe" file (NOT PBSETUP.EXE !) AFTER you run this file, you should get "finished without any errors". When you get the "finished without any errors" confirmation click on "Finished" and you MUST REBOOT IMMEDIATELY before trying to run the game or you will have to run it again.

"If this helps you get it going, please reply and say thanks to Cainslair.com and dark4se.com by considering a donation of a few dollars to keep such gaming and support available to you. (ADMIN, please insert donation link here if available).

See you in the game!
                            Call of Duty 4 ... it's what's for dinner.

-IRC-MIKE click for servers I play on http://www.gametracker.com/player/-I...=&min_minutes=
                            -IRC-MIKE on COD4 Tracker.com http://cod4tracker.com/playerstats/-IRC-MIKE/

Comment

Let me repeat, yes, I am getting the pb failure to init errors like carbon posted. It only happens on the Cain's Lair TDM and HQ server. I have tried random servers and I do not get the PBinit failure errors. I ran the pbsetup and the pb testing(from the COD 4 disc) and it says I have the most recent pb files and my pb is able to connect to the PB master servers.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X