Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few questions

First is there a console command to view you FPS? I don't really like fraps.
    Also what resolution do I need to use for quality and performance?

I have 4 gig ram and 6850 C2D and a 8800 gts card.
    My monitor is a 22in widescreen samsung.

Any advice would be great.

First, the command for FPS is
    ~ (console), then
    /cg_drawfps 1

As for performance, you've got a good rig, so you shouldn't have any real issues. If anything, make sure your drivers are up to date, and turn off Antialiasing and Effects like dynamic lights and depth of field blur.

You've got a 22", which means your default resolution is either 1680X1050 (likely) or 1920X1080 (unlikely) or possibly some strange 4:3 aspect ratio if you're a silly person . You shouldn't have problems at 1680, but if you are getting consistently below 60 FPS, start turning things off till you fix it. Native res in this case will trump just about any amount of extra effect or post processing the game can provide.

Again, you shouldn't have a problem

Comment

So running it @ 1024/1280 should not cause any perfomance issues?

Thanks for the Info CF

Comment

If you run at 1024 or 1280 and your native LCD resolution is higher, you're going to lose some of the sharpness. Select the highest resolution the game let's you choose, that'll be the native one.

As Carbon pointed out, running at the native resolution is much more important than the effects. Turn your res and all the graphics settings all the way up and check the FPS. If you are constantly below 60, turn down the graphics effects until you're above 60 again. If you have to turn stuff off, I suggest starting with lighting effects or antialiasing/filtering before turning down the texture settings...

Comment

Thanks L_mo and Carbon

Comment

Happy Fragging Soldier!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X