Console suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console suggestion

We have seen the console messages, no cheating or asshatting, welcome to cainslair etc.

Just a suggestion but does anyone think it would be good to include something in there about not standing in doorways, going prone in doorways, stopping on stairways, etc?

Something like - "Please do not block doorways and access-ways, thank you."

i like that idea but you got to take into account how many ppl will listen to it or adhere to it, most of the ppl on the server do obey our rules but it only takes one to start an avalanche of being rude.

Comment

yeah, but even if only a few of the people listen to it, that's worth it to me, and think of how many people play on Cain's Lair, and how many of those respect the rules Cain lays down!

I think it could work, but I also can see how it may not. That's me, always on the fence.

Also, I was thinking earlier today that we might benefit from changing the word asshat to something else. At least once every time I play (no matter how long I play for), I see someone ask what asshatting is. I don't mind answering, but for a lot of people, especially those whose first language is not English, such a slang term is not easily understood. I know lots of people from Russia, Germany, France, and different spanish-speaking countries that play, and don't get stuff like that.

Also, I've had some people (asshats ) ask why it says no cursing, and right after that no asshatting. They point out that ass(hat) is a curse, though not as severe a curse as the f-bomb or the other really bad ones we try to keep off the server.

I dunno. Just some thoughts from someone who cares

Comment

I haaate when people stand in the doorways, but I can understand how in the heat of battle you aren't thinking much about other people's gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by -413-
          Also, I've had some people (asshats ) ask why it says no cursing, and right after that no asshatting. They point out that ass(hat) is a curse, though not as severe a curse as the f-bomb or the other really bad ones we try to keep off the server.
          the people that usually use that line are IMO pre-adults that are looking for any arguement.

Comment

"Don't shoot moe" would be nice :P

Comment

My impression is that if you post that message- you invite failure.

"Please dont block door ways " is an asshat invite.

Comment

Turn FF on and all will be resolved ... oh wait .... nevermind.

I had a guy sniping on Countdown that was sniping right from his spawn point between the bunkers and behind a wooden container box. I spawned right aside of him and was stuck !! I couldn't climb over the box, I couldn't push him, and I couldn't squeeze by. A clip emptied into his head didn't phase him, so I did what any angry gamer would do and pulled a nade pin and gave it a kiss.

That finally moved both of us !
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I ditto the "don't shoot moe". Since so many peeps ask how to join, eventhough we have console messages telling them... I does not think we can get them out of the doorways!

Comment

The "I just spawned...hey, this looks like a GREAT spot to snipe from!" syndrome is rife in Countdown and Bog. It's very annoying in both. You get totally stuck at those boxes in Countdown, while on Bog you're usually trying to move to avoid a nade and stumble upon some prone body that you can't step across because the code doesn't recognize that it's not exactly the most sturdy of obstacles.

More people need to move at least a little bit away from their spawn before they start sniping away.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X