No announcement yet.

Personally, don't care for COD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony, I felt overwhelmed when I first started playing COD4 as well, and my KDR was horrible. The game has a bit of a learning curve. After playing for a while I started getting the groove of the game. It will also help when you start unlocking perks and gun attachments. Now I've gotten to the point where I usually stay around 1:1 KDR. (yes I know, not great!)
    Just give it a little time.
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Find something you like in the game and stick with it until you are bored.

Thats how I play the game.

This game does not put any emphasis on death counts (personal) or accuracy.
      If it did, the game would be much better in my opinion.

Pretend you are actually in the US Marines. Find a weapon you like, name it, and refuse to use another until your weapon cheats on you (allows you to die too often).

Some hits and points of view from my end
      Everytime you look around you see a grenade indicator? well, Grenade spam is a problem for people that are stagnant.
      The noise is a problem? Turn it off.
      The shaking and blasts are a problem? Get used to it and use it to your advantage.
      The smoke makes it hard to see? Move around (smoke and grenades are unnoticed by the warrior in motion- his vantage point is constantly changing)
      Noob Toobs Getting you down? Arm yourself with one and laugh alongside a fellow toober.

Comment

Tony before you leave COD4 in the dust. At least play for another week or two. I say this b/c at first...I hated this game but like most games, I got better and now I own most people. Try it out for a little while longer before you switch to something else.
        [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Yea, you simply cannot start out playing this game on equal footing with anyone else. Everyone is running around at level 40+ and leaving you in the dust.

Tony, you are a run -n- gunner like me, so here's your best advice. Follow a good teammate and pick up a few assist kills, letting the lead guy deal out 80% of the damage and you snag a couple points with the remaining 20%.

If you can hang back and protect a guys back from a flank attack it will go further in helping the team and you than going it solo.

You also need to switch your weapons from map to map, and what works best in a tight map fighting inside does not work on a sniper map like Bloc. I really don't play CoD4 that much, but this week I can at least manage a positive K/D ratio, so I'm all for that. I've picked up some dropped guns and I do much better with them, so I know its just a matter of playing more to get to those better guns to even things up a bit.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Some weapon unlocks really make a difference in your effectiveness too, for me the P90 in particular really changed the game for me. Spend some time on a 24/7 Shipment FFA server to rank up and get the gear you need (you can watch TV while you're doing it), within a few days you'll be level 55 with access to all the weapons in the game which can make a big difference.

Coming from UT2k4 the hardest thing for me to get used to was NOT charging straight into a fight, you're simply too fragile and on large servers like Cain's there are too many nades etc. flying all over the place. As WalkinTarget says, hanging back for a while might be your best bet, I recommend the RPD + Grip + Stopping Power + Deep Impact where you can sit and pick off players from medium-long range, out of the way of all the nade spam. Once you get adept at watching your nade indicator and being able to sprint/crouch/prone out of danger, then you might do better with a run'n'gun style, as that style by definition puts you a lot closer to the enemy and their nades.

Stick with it for a while mano, I went from a 1:4 K/D to 2+:1 in only a few weeks and I'm having a ton of fun with all the different weapons and attachments and perks and so on!

Comment

I seriously disliked COD4 when I first started playing it.
              Now? Love it.

You just have to understand that there are some really uber players
              here, and they will kill you over and over again with glee.

You see Carbon, Needle, Aquatine, ..., all getting 3/1 or better K/D's on
              EVERY round. Me? Sometimes good, sometimes a bullet/nade magnet,
              and it changes map to map. Killing one of the elite dudes just makes the
              K/D irrelevant IMO.

Pick a gun or guns, and get good with them. You will cackle with glee
              when you get your first killing spree.
              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Give it a few weeks... it will grow on you. Every game except TF2 that I have bought in the past 2-3 years I have regret buying for atleast the first 2-3 weeks. Once you learn the way of the game you start to love it a lot more.

Comment

COD4 just so happens to be the first game I've ever bought/played that I was actually pretty good right from the start. The first two days I started playing I managed to keep my k/d ratio at a 1:1.

This may not help you at all, but I found that if I keep it in my mind that I'm going to kill at least one person, before I die. I spawn and when I reach the action, I pick one person and go right for that person even when I see 2 or three or more, I set my goal on killing that one person first and then I go for another.

I also learned quickly that all those other guns you have at LVL 1 are really not that good until you get some perks goin. The best thing I found to do was to start with the MP5 and keep goin with it. It is really versatile and quick to bring up from a sprint, and has a good set of sights with which to aim better. It is also deadly in the hands of someone who is decent with it at short to medium range. I'm a run and gun type player and usually head straight to the heap of enemies from the start, instead of laying back and trying to pick off a few like some do.

I went from playing America's Army to COD4 and they both have similar setups for movement and using your tools of destruction so I guess that may be why I picked up on it pretty swiftly.

You will get better at it, but if you don't like the fast paced arena then you might not care to. Some people just don't like the faster paced combat games. I love the faster games and COD4 suits me well.

I hope you get some practice in there and find out that you will adapt to it and like it better than you thought.

Comment

4 words of advice:

Aim Down the Sight

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar
                      Give it a few weeks... it will grow on you. Every game except TF2 that I have bought in the past 2-3 years I have regret buying for atleast the first 2-3 weeks. Once you learn the way of the game you start to love it a lot more.
                      Exactly...
                      its ok to camp in this game. You will get a couple kills, but when your team starts rotating, fall back to another camping position

and what do you mean by "except TF2"? Do you still not like it? Or did you like it from the start?

Comment

I love/d TF2... I could have told you that before it was released. It is easy to learn and very fast paced plus loads of fun. I wish it had taken off more then it has. If Cain brought it back I would be up for playing again.

Comment

COD$ people and granades grrrr.

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                          Tony all you complaints I still complain about also.

People will never stop throwing grenades or blocking doors.

If people are standing in doorways SHOOT EM! Get tht "MEIN COMPF" going on em.

Comment

Re: COD$ people and granades grrrr.

Originally posted by Vince_II

NO-

Save your flash grenades for these idiots and dump them on the floor in front of them and run away.

Comment

Re: COD$ people and granades grrrr.

Originally posted by AngryHamster
                              Originally posted by Vince_II

NO-

Save your flash grenades for these idiots and dump them on the floor in front of them and run away.
                              +1

Flash the door blockers.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X