A question about Gametracker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about Gametracker.

So, I was reading the Report a Jerk section, and saw this website linked with player info and stats. It shows your player name, servers you've played on, points and time spent in each server, and so on.

I decided to look myself up on there, since I thought that was kinda cool. It didn't have my last login time correct, since I played last night, and it had my last time online listed as Feb 1st... but.

Anyway, here's my real question. I want to know if anyone knows what Player Rank on Server means. I know what I THINK it means, but I am having a hard time believing what mine says. I don't think I'm that good of a player, and I know there's plenty of people better than me... but it has me listed as 132nd out of 28,270. I would be really proud of myself if that were true.

So, how does it determine this ranking, and how accurate is it?

oh, here's a link, just for reference.

http://www.gametracker.com/server/63.../player/-413-/

Comment

It has a lot to do with your score per minute. However, those who have been playing on the server longer, naturally, will have a higher rank. Basically, the person who has the MOST TOTAL POINTS on the server will have the highest rank. You can kill one person per round and over a fifty year period if you continue to play on that server you will have a high score. One kill equals 10 points.. one assist equals 2 points. If you have 58 points .. you could assume that you killed five people and had four assists... OR... you killed FOUR people and had nine assists. Over a period of time, you will have a high point standing and, therefore, your total points on one particular server will be higher. Those who GET THERE faster will pass you eventually if they have a higher score per minute, but if they don't play on the server but once a week and you play everyday, it will be hard for them to catch you.

If you catch my drift.

~~mike~~

Comment

cool! now i understand. my score per minute is 16.4, i think. i play like almost every night, i have so much fun with this game!

Comment

Thanks for that link...I couldn't figure out how to search for myself.

It has me as 9th on the HQ server!!! I don't know how that could be though except that the HQ server is not nearly as trafficked as the TDM server.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
          -Albert Einstein

Comment

Is this you Bean ????

http://cod4tracker.com/playerstats/Beanlover/

http://cod4tracker.com/playerstats/%7BCLR%7DBeanlover/

Comment

Yeah I think that's me...I added the tag a week or so ago.

I'm glad all these stats are tracked as I missed checking up on myself with the stats Epic kept on UT2k4.
              -Albert Einstein

Comment

Here is a link for a search on just "{CLR}":

http://www.gametracker.com/search/?s..._all&x=34&y=15
                -Albert Einstein

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X