Levels of Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levels of Stealth

So what level of stealth does everyone use on your stealth kits? I have been using full stealth, but a few days ago I decided to forgo UAV Jammer and try using Stopping Power instead. I'm not sure which is better. If you don't use both stealth perks, what perk(s) do you use instead?
    Full Stealth (silencer, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence)
    0%
    Medium Stealth 1 (silencer, UAV Jammer)
    0%
    Medium Stealth 2 (silencer, Dead Silence)
    0%
    Low Stealth (silencer only)
    0%
    Other (explain)
    0%
    Stealth? What's Stealth?
    0%
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

To me, UAV jammer is MUCH more useful than dead silence. People are often so occupied with what they are doing that they don't hear me coming, and I'd rather be heard than seen anyway.

Plus, I DO listen for people coming for me, so the fewer using dead silence, the better.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

For me it depends on the server population. I've found full stealth of little benefit when you cram 50 players into a map like Crash you just don't get much sneaking potential. On a medium population server (like Cain's HQ server at times) UAV Jammer and a Silencer can be of great benefit, but still too many to make much use of the Silent Footsteps perk. If I'm playing with only a few people, THEN Full stealth becomes vital, because every encounter carries greater weight (minimum crossfire and minimum chance of someone spotting you while you're sneaking around).

It's also not as noisy on a small server without the grenades, airstrikes, and gunfire going off every half second

Comment

The medium stealth for assault and smg. For LMG any uav jammer is useless IMO.

Comment

I usually use medium stealth.

On large servers the UAV jammer is quite effective since with so many people, the UAV is up a large part of the time. Meanwhile, Dead Silence becomes far less effective as your sounds are covered by everything else that is happening and it's best to use a more effective perk.

On a smaller server though it is the exact opposite, your noises become a clear giveaway of your position and need to be covered. While the UAV Jammer is fairly ineffective since the UAV is much more rare (and can be waited out) and a different perk there would help much more.

Comment

I dont use stealth that much but sometimes I use UAV jammer.
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

I don't use stealth at all, because no matter where I go, there is always someone there, or someone follows me, all the while shooting an M60. I hate that especially when I am in a good sniper position, then someone exposes my position by shooting. Usually I am the one that gets killed as a result.
              We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiley
                I don't use stealth at all, because no matter where I go, there is always someone there
                I find with my full stealth kit (silenced P90, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence), I can quite often get behind the enemy, and sometimes they even look at me and turn back around. I've knifed a few people like that, and other times I just gun everyone down as they're running in small groups away from me.

Comment

I used to use UAV Jammer a lot, but I've stopped using in favor of other perks. I guess right now I'm trying out different combinations. Right now I have : Stun Grenade x3, Juggernaut, and Deep Impact. I had Bandolier and Stopping Power, but I decided to switch it up a bit and see how this loadout works for me. I wanted to try using stun grenades since I always get killed when someone uses them on me, and I figure if I'm going in with stun grenades, I'm gonna be close enough to knife or get a headshot/quick kill with my assault rifle - so I need more health instead of more power.

Deep Impact I use for people hiding behind barrels and such. My specific memory for using it is in Crash, people coming down that side alley, there's a barrel a LOT of people use for cover, and I like taking them out through that Comes in handy for a lot of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                    For me it depends on the server population. I've found full stealth of little benefit when you cram 50 players into a map like Crash you just don't get much sneaking potential. On a medium population server (like Cain's HQ server at times) UAV Jammer and a Silencer can be of great benefit, but still too many to make much use of the Silent Footsteps perk. If I'm playing with only a few people, THEN Full stealth becomes vital, because every encounter carries greater weight (minimum crossfire and minimum chance of someone spotting you while you're sneaking around).

It's also not as noisy on a small server without the grenades, airstrikes, and gunfire going off every half second
                    QFT, the 50 man servers are way too noisy to worry about hearing footsteps, and in fact with the UAVs almost constantly up and with so much action going on you can usually do well with just the UAV Jammer.

Comment

Other!

My stealth technique is waiting for guns a blazin then charge in b/c they can't hear me running. Then go and get them!
                      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

All I need is the UAV Jammer thats it.

Comment

UAV for me and silencer also. That is especially nice when
                          you get behind a group and start hammering away. They don't know
                          about the killer right behind them.

You need a decent sound system/Headphones to hear footsteps with
                          any accuracy, and with all the BOOMS going on, they generally don't
                          hear you anyway.

I only have 1 kit setup for it though. UAV and Silencer on P36.
                          I've used it with P90 also before effectively.

Did have sniper rifle with UAV, but moved on to other kits.
                          Now just use overkill with sniper rifle/SMG or LMG.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I go, most often, with MP5 silenced and UAV Jammer. Sometimes, P90 Silenced instead of MP5.

I don't use Dead Silence because...well, I haven't unlocked it yet! I'm not sure if I'd put it over Steady Aim, though. The MP5 has a rather small clip size for its rate of fire, so Steady Aim is my 3rd level perk choice currently.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X