4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare* ? Activision ? 383K
    5. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars* ? Electronic Arts ? 343K
    6. Sim City 4 Deluxe ? Electronic Arts ? 284K
    7. The Sims 2 ? Electronic Arts ? 281K
    8. The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Expansion Pack ? Electronic Arts ? 271K
    9. Age of Empires III ? Microsoft ? 259K
    10. The Sims 2 Pets Expansion Pack ? Electronic Arts ? 236K

Sadly 6 of them are EA games...

But hey COD4 in number 4 and Number 1 and 2 are blizzard games even if they are WoW

Comment

sims yukkkkkkk!

Comment

Wasn't surprised about WoW

Comment

I'm a little surprised -all- the sims expansions can nab that much money. I guess it's kind of brilliant, really. I mean, people invest a lot of time in the game, and if the expansion offers a lot of new content, it's probably worth the $$.

Comment

It is pretty addictive. Plus there's so much user made stuff for that game. Very little nade spam, too.

Comment

Originally posted by L_Mo
              I'm a little surprised -all- the sims expansions can nab that much money. I guess it's kind of brilliant, really. I mean, people invest a lot of time in the game, and if the expansion offers a lot of new content, it's probably worth the $$.
              Top three best selling video game franchises:
              1. Mario (200 million)
              2. Pok?mon (164 million)
              3. The Sims (90 million)

Top three best selling PC games:
              1. The Sims (16 million)
              2. Lineage II (14 million)
              3. The Sims 2 (13 million)

As you can see Will Wright's Sims genre is in a league of it's own for sales. Never got into The Sims but I did play SimCity/2K/3K/4 back in the day...

Comment

Simcity 2k was the way to go... Spend hours in that game.

Comment

Yea I love the Sim City...real fun game to get away from the FPS...as for WoW...my god it stole 2yrs of my life...at 1 point I was playin it 22hrs a day when I was laid off for winter LOL

Comment

Sim City 4TW!

Comment

Never played sim city AT ALL..

But I too was a WOW addict.. not anymore, but still have an account.
                      Just haven't played in a month or so.

NOW i'm a COD4 addict.. lol
                      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

That list makes me curious as to how many developers are going to take a risk on PC games in the future that are not MMOs or Sims expansions. Call of Duty 4 sold over 7 million copies in 2007, but only 383,000 were for the PC.

In a list of ten games, you have five Sims titles, two WoW titles, the most hotly anticipated RTS in quite some time (that sold less than 350K), the most highly rated FPS in years (that sold less than 400K), and number 9 on the list is a mediocre RTS that is two years old.
                        [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

original Sim City > any other version

Sims is popular since its one of the few games that will run on the crap Mom -n- Pop PCs that every family buys these days. When's the last time you saw a dedicated video card in a 'family' PC ??
                          Sims seems to bring the MySpace crowd in, as they can simulate their own lives in this 3D world, rather than do homework or other trivial tasks, so I guess its inevitable that it would sell so well.
                          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus
                            ...as for WoW...my god it stole 2yrs of my life...at 1 point I was playin it 22hrs a day when I was laid off for winter LOL
                            Hey, same thing happened to me, I actually made Grand Marshal on my mage a few years ago then sold him for big coin once I started working again.

For non-WoWers, becoming Grand Marshal / High Warlord is tantamount to playing WoW as TWO full-time jobs.

Comment

As am I with Mac's I refuse to ever, EVER indulge in WoW. I know it'll be like my Runescape addiction all over again (Yes, I was addicted, for 6 years actually). Oh and about Mac's, that's a differnt story. I'm an Anti-Mac so to speak.

As for the Sim's, I owned nearly all the expansions for the original Sim's and played countless hours. I use to have the entire Sim's 2 expansions installed, not owned, installed, that I grabbed from various friends.

If you like the game-style, it's a hella lot of fun. By the time I was playing Sims2 I had lost the whole "lets play the sims" aspect and was more focused on the building houses aspect. The tools were way cooler in the Sims 2. But in the end I didn't play it enough, and ate up a MONGRAL amount of space on my computer, so I had to ditch them. Oh well.

On a side note, Thrashdragon brings forth a very interesting point

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X