Lack of Admins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Admins

We've been running into troubles the last few days with people comeing in and generally being a bunch of idiots ingame. I know Cain's on vacation or out of town or whatever but with him being the only admin it's pretty hard to keep things civil. I've already seem multiple complaining about the server due to these people and that's just giving the server a bad rep as of late.

Cain I know it's your server and all but might I suggest giving admin privilages to someone that's around alot when you're away? Would go a long ways to keeping the server rules enforced.

Imp

mapes for admin

nuff said

Comment

IMP

What is up? I have been on and off the server most of the afternoon and evening. Please report specific issues in the Jerk section or feel free to pm me.

Comment

Ive been on allot lately and things seem ok... when r the asshats commin on?

Comment

I'm an admin... I was in the server for like 2 hours earlier and had no problems.

Comment

We have a bunch of folks Admining and playing there daily.

I also monitor the Forums and can ban anyone without joining the server.

Post a specific jerk in the report a jerk section, and we will do something if necessary..

You can just alt-tab the game and post away then hop right back in.

Comment

I've been on at different times of the day and early morning. Most of the time when someone tells someone who's getting out of hand to cool down they do but I've been running into a few people that just don't listen to the server rules. We had one guy on earlier around 7ish mtn (I'd just left the server before I wrote the post) I think that kept swearing and using racial slurs...taunting people with the fact that there's no way to ban him etc. If you guys have admin privilages then must have just not been on or I know it would have been taken care of. But there were quite a few people saying they would be telling people not to come to the server anymore due to his actions. I don't remember his name but was with uppercase and lower case alternating letters.

Imp

Comment

Looks like someone already posted about it with some screens.

Imp

Comment

Indeed they did report him.

If they had gotten his GUID, then we could take care of him regardless
                  of whether he is online or not. As it is, we will watch for him.

I am often online during the mornings around 9-12am CST during the
                  week, and at odd hours during the weekend. We try to have as much
                  coverage as possible.

Below is the procedure for getting a GUID.
                  http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=24935
                  ??Click me to donate??

Comment

We banned one about an hour before this one for using racial slurs. They do get banned but, most of the time players will not even realize that someone has been banned. As mentioned above, if you have the GUID they can be banned even when they are not in the server.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

There are many admins playing COD4. Cain is the server owner. We cannot have admin coverage 24/7, I don't think any server can. So there will be times when no admin is on and someone takes advantage of that.

Your best bet is to take down the person's name, take some screenshots and post them up in the Report a Jerk section. Things posted in there are taken very seriously and investigated and as Cain mentionned, he can ban people without being on the server.

When admins cannot be on, we like to rely on the community to help us keep the server clean.
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                        Below is the procedure for getting a GUID.
                        http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=24935
                        Ah I didn't know that, maybe that should be stickied in the COD4 forum as well.

I love the console in COD4, the auto complete makes it so easy. For example, all I need to remember now to get someone's GUID is to put in pb (PunkBuster) and a list of PunkBuster commands will come up, including pb_plist to get the list of GUIDs.

Comment

I play 7pm to midnight PST and its at the 10pm hour that the glut of our jeko's come on through.

I'd be more than happy to volunteer my time in the future once I have earned the trust here.

There is usually no admins on from 9pm PST until later in the evening (well past my bed time)

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X