COD4 Maps in rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COD4 Maps in rotation

On the Cainslair TDM server I don't know if I have played all the way through a complete map cycle, but I have noticed that I haven't seen several of the maps.

Farm (Is this map in rotation?)
    Crash Snow
    Ambush (or convoy on tracker)
    CargoShip
    Strike
    Showdown
    Bog

Are all of these maps in rotation. I know I've played on the others on the CLR server but I was wondering about these. I have not had time to play a full cycle of all the maps, and my clanmates have more maps on their COD4Tracker than I do. I've been playing only on CLR unless it is full.

http://cod4tracker.com/playerstats/-IRC-MIKE/
    and my clan which doesn't play much:
    http://cod4tracker.com/clanstats/679/

~~mike~~

I'm pretty sure Strike is still in the rotation, and there was talk of convoy possibly making an appearance. Pretty much no to the others though, as they are generally the worst for the number of players that Cain's Lair runs.

Not sure why we stopped running the Winter Crash map though

Comment

Yeah that is strange. On the other hand, The server I quit playing on before I came to Cainslair was a 60 slot server and it seemed more fun due to the amount of people that were playing the maps that are not currently in rotation on Cainslair. Would it be possible to give them a try and maybe put all the maps in rotation for a trial period again and see how it turns out? I think it should be reconsidered.

Crash Snow is a good map.. and shouldn't be affected by the number of players.... Doesn't seem right to remove it.

Comment

I heard it was completely removed, and to be honest I want a break from Christmas, I still see commercials about the holidays :P

Cain said convoy and countdown were added but I didn't see them

Comment

Christmas or not, I think ALL the maps should have a DAYTIME version and an NIGHTTIME version. To be honest, why did they even put NightVision in the game until the mod tools were released? There are no nighttime maps. I love playing nighttime games... like in BF2 Special Forces. It adds a whole new realm to the game. They should RE-Edit the map and take the christmas theme out of it and just make it winter crash. I'd like to see some more night maps regardless of their themes. Overgrown would be another excellent night map.

Comment

I would REALLY like to see the Downpour map put back in rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
              I would REALLY like to see the Downpour map put back in rotation.
              Really? For me, that's one of THE worst maps with too many players. Tight quarters, duel mounted rape guns, and no real flanks to speak of.

I'll agree its prettyy fun with less players, but at some point there's just too many people per square foot and too few square feet. That's just my take on it

Comment

ah yes ambush/ convoy and countdown were on the rotation but as soon as cain added them the server crashed round about 3 times and convoy had the ultimate lag. i suggested we put it back to normal and we have no problems = more fun

Comment

Downpour is the worst map in the game.... lag... ugh

Comment

What about bog? It may turn out to be a completely crazy bullet ridden spam fest but that can be fun too.

Comment

Bog is HORRIBLE with 50 players IMO.
                      It isn't bad until...

One person gets an air strike, then gunship, and it continue's
                      non-stop until the round ends. No cover, so it is Dying time.

Downpour with 10 people is a hoot. I agree. Or even +/-24, but that is
                      pushing it.
                      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X