Best CQC class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best CQC class?

I'm having a tough time getting a good class for CQC, currently I use the following:

P90 with red dot sight
    Desert Eagle
    Perk 1 - 3x frag
    Perk 2 - Stopping Power
    Perk 3 - Martyrdom

I'm finding that the P90 even with the red dot sight is pretty much useless for target shooting at even medium range, and that at close range it's really spray and pray and even with Stopping Power I wind up dead a lot of the time.

If anyone here is good at CQC style play, what class do you prefer and why?

Noob question: what is CqC?

Comment

Close Quarters Combat

shotgun with perks

P90
      silencer
      hip shot accuracy
      deep impact
      frag x3 or whatever you like for perk 1

I like to change it up between c4 and claymores in teh HQ server.

I end up blowing myself up with the c4 more often than not though

Comment

man i've been addicted to playing with silenced weapons and skulking around so for close combat deagle seems just about right for me

p90 Silenced

Bandoiler
        UAV jammer
        steady aim

Red Camo (rock on)

Comment

AK47
          Golden Deagle
          P1 3x Frag
          P2 Stopping Power
          P3 Martydom

=

Pwnage! Well for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
            AK47
            Golden Deagle
            P1 3x Frag
            P2 Stopping Power
            P3 Martydom

=

Pwnage! Well for me at least.
            While I was waiting to get 100% on the ak challenges (AK was one of my 5 custom classes, and I rotated through them working on multiple things at once, so I had it for a few weeks), this was the loadout I used when I wanted to kick butt regardless of the situation. Excellent flexibility at all ranges.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Close Quarters is where I live

Shotty Kit can be quite a good CQ option, but my money will always remain on the P90. Pound for pound, the P90 just has no equal.

My CQ Kit (appropriately named "RUSH"):

P90 + Silencer
              3x Nades
              Double Tap
              Martyrdom (I know, I know....)

You could just as easily use the 3x special nade perk and Steady aim in place of what I've got above, but Double Tap in this case is essential. When you get up close, hit prediction errors get a lot more exaggerated, so its not the most powerful bullets that win, its the ones that actually hit. Double Tap assures you will have the highest chance to actually hit when you get in spitting range.

My other CQ kit is my Boomstick Setup:

Golden M1014
              3x Special Nades
              Juggernaut
              Extreme Conditioning

When running the shotty setup, distance is your #1 enemy. Juggernaut and Extreme Conditioning ensure you can close the gap and still walk away from almost any firefight. and the 3X stun nades ensure you have large "captive" audience.

Comment

I couldn't find a decent CQC class either. then I found what worked for me.

Ak74u silenced
                m1911 silenced
                bandoleer
                stopping power
                steady aim

Comment

MP5

Steady Aim
                  Stopping Power
                  Spec nades x3

MP5 does way more damage then the P90, but you find yourself low on ammo, so you could use the more ammo perk. Also it doesn't fire as fast.

Regardless, the MP5 doesn't have as much recoil from my experiences, and it also is just as accurate

Comment

While i have to admit CarOnFire P90 is good for spraying and praying on TDM but the MP5 is the best all around SMG IMO LOL.For TDM QCQ i like either shotty with grip and fast reload with extended run.Wanna have some fun use the uzi silenced with sonic boom and C4 with extended run.

Comment

Originally posted by CheebaNinja
                      While i have to admit CarOnFire P90 is good for spraying and praying on TDM but the MP5 is the best all around SMG IMO LOL.For TDM QCQ i like either shotty with grip and fast reload with extended run.Wanna have some fun use the uzi silenced with sonic boom and C4 with extended run.
                      I'll concede that overall, the MP5 might be more well rounded than the P90. Since this is a thread about CQC though, that's exactly where the P90 excels the most.

I'd say med range is where the MP5 really starts coming into its own. Thing is, thats when assault rifles start to overtake them for power/accuracy. Add to that the fact that med-long range is not that common in this game, given the number of VERY tight maps.

To each his own I guess. I'll just keep mowin em down P90-style

Comment

P90 for up cose and personal.
                        Nothing else exceeds so well in
                        short to med range for me.

I am partial to the uav jammer myself.
                        works well on more open maps. Does
                        nothing for you on tight small maps.

Smaller maps. go more dmg or
                        double tap FTW !!!

I have used overkill with an assault
                        and a short range gun like shotty
                        or the smg of your choice. Ak74
                        or mp5 probably works better in
                        that package.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

G36C all the way
                          Does not matter what perks you get it is the best gun in the game. hands down.

Comment

Thanks for the comments all, based on your feedback I switched from Martyrdom to Steady Aim and it's made a WORLD of difference! Even with Stopping Power then P90 needs a few hits on a target to take it out, so Steady Aim gives me the ability to really run and gun (plus I find the pros here at the Lair are too smart to fall for Martyrdom most of the time anyway).

I've also adjusted my playstyle a bit with my newfound ability to hit targets on the move, with that and Steady Aim I've gone from scoring in the bottom 20% to the top 20% pretty consistently over the past few hours so hopefully this is a trend that will continue. I wish the TDM game favored strategy a bit more but honestly going balls out guns blazing and lobbing nades is the way to get points and win the game, there are worse ways to play I guess!

Comment

If you really want CQC, use the knife :P. But I prefer my p90 or skorpion for my default loadout. Though I might be running with my uber noob tube loadout for the next couple sessions. hehe 4 noobtube rounds = fun.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X