Front Grip on LMG/SHotty worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Grip on LMG/SHotty worth it?

I have unlocked the front grip on the SAW, and I used it a little bit. It doesn't seem to be worth giving up a perk to me. Has anyone else use this attachment on LMGs or shotties? Had any success with it? Is it worth giving up C4/RPG/Claymore?
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Ive used it on LMGs. Not sure its worth giving up perk 1 and no scope though.
    I have used it a few times, but normally i dont. Id rather have perk 1 + red dot scope on my LMGs

Comment

yes, yes, yes. I think it is more than worth it on the shotties.
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Yes. It greatly lowers the recoil and makes the weapon far more accurate and deadly.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I like it for the shotties since I barely use the stuff for perk 1 with shotties. The nades are nice sometimes but I dont use them a lot.
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

Depends. Maybe on the LMGs as you can sustain fire from longer distances with greater accuracy, though you do have to use the crappy ironsights. From what I've seen using the shotties, they provide only a marginal increase in accuracy and recoil suppression. The loss of extra nades/stun nades doesn't make it worth it to me, since when I'm running with the boomstick, the "bang and clear" tactic is my best friend.

Comment

for me the grip is good on the lmg's for sustained fire/suppression fire, the shotguns like carbon noted see a marginal gain in effectivness.

Comment

I don't think it's worth it for the LMG's. The m60 has decent accuracy if you use bursts and I'd rather have more nades. also the iron sights on the m60 are horrible. You can't see anything on the screen except for a dime sized hole blarrrggh

Comment

Depends on your goal.

Use the handle with the true aim perk and you have a heightened headshot potential.

I'm 75 away from closing out the SAW on Stage III marksman and until I did this I was creeping along.

The red dot is better for close range shots, but if you are better than I am, it will be as someone said no different if you use the grip or not.

The SAW has a kick that is greater than the other LMGs, moving to other sets, I would agree with Dead...Again. It really isnt worth giving up other perks such as Additional Frags, Special Nades and Claymores.

I'm using this layout and getting 3-6 headshots a map:

Grip
                  Sleight of Hand
                  Steady Aim

It makes the weapon easy to shoot, loads as fast as a typical weapon, and carries longer distances. I pick Snipers across the map all the time with this configuration.

Comment

I didn't think it was worth the loss of a perk.
                    A change of Pace.
                    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I say yes for lmg because the perk I'm probably losing is 3 nades and when I play lmg I dont run around as much so I dont go through the nades. But then again I pretty much s**k at this game.

Comment

I use it on my LMG because otherwise the M60 just bounces around with absolutely no accuracy. Of course, you hit everyone coming at you at least once...

I dont use those shotguns very much, but I get killed by them all the time (talking to you FieryDrago)

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock
                          yes, yes, yes. I think it is more than worth it on the shotties.
                          +1 I'd use shotguns. I myself don't nade spam unless I just get sick of the constant nades and have one to randomly throw out. 1 nade and 1 flashbang can get me in to my posistion or protect my posistion, I see no real need for 3... AND OMG BRANDON ROY JUST TIED THE GAME WITH A HARD 3 POINTER WITH 2 SECONDS LEFT WOOT! sorry I love the blazers anyways...

I'd use perks and red dot for LMG's, for shotguns, unless you love to nade spam or need a claymore/scope, I'd take grip anyday.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X