Help with pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with pistols

i need help with how to use a pistol, when and where... i can just never get the right times to use it and nearly every create a class has one. what to do what to do.

Help would be appreciated

With classes where you're trying to go for absolute firepower, you'll want the highest pistol you've unlocked, as the pistols trade clip size for power as they go up.

I can't speak for all classes, but when using an SMG, pistols can be handy for making those distant shots that need accuracy. I play stealth classes with all my SMG custom kits. So, if there's a point where, say, a player is on a mounted machine gun, I'll get to the side, and use a silenced pistol for precise headshots. 1-3 takes them down.

For any other classes, I believe most people result to them when they run out of ammo in their main gun and are hard-pressed to get rid of nearby hostiles.

Comment

I only use mine when I run out of ammo in my primary weapon.

The only exception to this is when I'm sniping and I'm forced to fight in a CQC situation. The pistols make a much better CQC weapon than a Sniper rifle, but then again, just about anything else does.

Personally, though, I don't worry about trying to score kills with the pistol unless I'm out of ammo in my other weapons. When I do use them, I generally try to aim for the head, depending on the pistol you're using. The M9 or USP.45 are weaker than the third pistol (name eludes me) and the Desert Eagle. If head shots aren't an option (target is constantly moving around), then I just fire from the hip while strafing around the target.

This probably isn't the best way to do it, but it's how I do it!

Comment

TBH If I know exactly where an enemy is in a room I'll snap out the deagle instead of the p90 because it does more dmg. Sometimes I down them in 1-2 quick shots compared to 4-8 from p90, which is enough to get myself hurt. By the way I use the perk where you aim better from the hit and it works well with pistols as well
        [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
        You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

The other day I was playing Overgrown and was sniping from the barn. Well it got over ran by the enemy and I got at least 5 of them with my Deagle as they were coming in. The Deagle is a very good pistol if you aim with it.
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

It's not surprising you rarely use your pistol - you don't usually need it. I use it if I've emptied my entire gun, until I pick up another gun, and when I'm running out of bullets while in combat. It's always faster to switch to the pistol than to reload (unless you use the sleight of hand perk...)

Comment

I've seen people kill me with a pistol, where I was so far away that the
              sights totally obscured me.

Pistol to me is last resort, but I've gotten several kills with it, especially in
              BLOC, where i'm stealthed and hiding in a corner.
              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I got a couple of people by being in a fire fight and running out of ammo in the clip of my main weapon and instead of reloading just switch to the Deagle and finish them off then find a safe corner to reload in.

Comment

Personally, I drop my pistol the 1st real weapon I find.
                  A change of Pace.
                  "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

sniper class I use a silenced pistol, the .45, (i;m partial to .45 and .50 for pistols, there just so much fun to shoot IRL)

lately, I've been messing around and will try to use only a pistol for a few rounds, my kill count isnt really high with it, but it just so satisfying (self) to kill someone with a pistol, and it makes me feel good, especially when Drisel and Knight have a target on my back, i takeit out on some poor unsuspecting fool...

Comment

I use Last Stand. It is erratic, but some days I get a lot of pistol kills using this perk. I normally use the .45 (haven't unlocked the Deagle yet).
                      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again
                        I use Last Stand. It is erratic, but some days I get a lot of pistol kills using this perk. I normally use the .45 (haven't unlocked the Deagle yet).
                        I need to run across you in game. I'm looking for some last stand guy to pop in the head with a flashbang for that humiliation challenge.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
                          Personally, I drop my pistol the 1st real weapon I find.
                          I usually swap mine out also if I find something else I want to bring along like a sniper rifle.

Comment

Re: Help with pistols

Originally posted by SUB_ZERO
                            i need help with how to use a pistol, when and where... i can just never get the right times to use it and nearly every create a class has one. what to do what to do.

I'm surprised at the ungodly physics in this game around the pistols.
                            I upset someone two nights ago because I hit them int the headwith my pistol on Overgrown a few times from a good distance.

I'm stuck in this barn and surrounded by bad guys and I just ran out of ammo

In this case - You are going to go down anyways, so you might as well whip it out and show them your Dirty Harry impersonation.

My method seems to be- fire a seeker shot at someone, if the little X around the cross hairs signals, move a half hair up and pull again- Down goes bad guy.

Carbon and Drisel are outside my door and coming in

lay down somewhere and dont fight it. Pull out the hand gun and make it look like you put up a good fight. Irregardless to whether you fire or not, have a nice dirtnap- see you in the morning.

I like the added 10 pts of experience that you get with Last stand, so use a perk

Use the highest level hand gun you can, no silencer, and the moment you die, wait 1 second before you pull the trigger-= I am surprised to tell everyone here that even on elite servers like CainsLair there is a large portion of the population that simply walk away the moment you go down- not looking for the Points Report you get when the person is truely down.

I put one in the back of the head and then spin towards the door, hallway or direction with the most likely traffic volume and pound away until I die.

What pistol?

Short of the challenges around Last stand, I dont use the perk because I try not to carry a pistol. I constantly forget to drop mine though, which leaves me in situations like the one above, where I am in a barn, surrounded by people, and I cant get out- I cant reach the bodies I have shot to get ammo or guns, and I just pwned.

Even when I get back up to the point where I can consider Overkill as a perk, I wont use it. Someone already said it, but I'll flesh it out here.

Get rid of that BB gun immediately. the second someone dies, cycle to the handgun and exchange it for whatever they dropped.

Look for high capacity weapons and make sure what you pick up isnt almost empty.

Comment

Re: Help with pistols

Originally posted by SUB_ZERO

I'm surprised at the ungodly physics in this game around the pistols.
                              I upset someone two nights ago because I hit them int the headwith my pistol on Overgrown a few times from a good distance.

I'm stuck in this barn and surrounded by bad guys and I just ran out of ammo

In this case - You are going to go down anyways, so you might as well whip it out and show them your Dirty Harry impersonation.

My method seems to be- fire a seeker shot at someone, if the little X around the cross hairs signals, move a half hair up and pull again- Down goes bad guy.

Carbon and Drisel are outside my door and coming in

lay down somewhere and dont fight it. Pull out the hand gun and make it look like you put up a good fight. Irregardless to whether you fire or not, have a nice dirtnap- see you in the morning.

I like the added 10 pts of experience that you get with Last stand, so use a perk

Use the highest level hand gun you can, no silencer, and the moment you die, wait 1 second before you pull the trigger-= I am surprised to tell everyone here that even on elite servers like CainsLair there is a large portion of the population that simply walk away the moment you go down- not looking for the Points Report you get when the person is truely down.

I put one in the back of the head and then spin towards the door, hallway or direction with the most likely traffic volume and pound away until I die.

What pistol?

Short of the challenges around Last stand, I dont use the perk because I try not to carry a pistol. I constantly forget to drop mine though, which leaves me in situations like the one above, where I am in a barn, surrounded by people, and I cant get out- I cant reach the bodies I have shot to get ammo or guns, and I am just pwned.

Even when I get back up to the point where I can consider Overkill as a perk, I wont use it. Someone already said it, but I'll flesh it out here.

Get rid of that BB gun immediately. the second someone dies, cycle to the handgun and exchange it for whatever they dropped.

Look for high capacity weapons and make sure what you pick up isnt almost empty.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X